Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Excellent car
By Tom Briggs

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The MX5 is the closest thing to a motorcycle you'll get with 4 wheels. Exremely fun to drive. Very responsive. I love driving this car almost as much as riding my motorcycle. Excellent fit and finish. If you want a fun to drive car, this is it.

Favorite Features

Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

1999 vs. 2006
By Knut

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the 2006 MX-5 while my 1999 Miata was in for a regular service ... my mistake, I know, but I was so surprised about the improved handling (especially for windy roads!) and the new engine, that I decided to get the 2006 model. Nice handling, the manual transmission is very smooth, driving with top down is pure fun. It's like vacation for your soul!

Favorite Features

Engine, transmission, improved handling, additional storage, competitive price, great design.

Suggested Improvements

If there is any suggestion for improvement, when it would be to build-in a garage door opener.

Love it
By Zipper

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Traded 2002 for this true red Club Spec and with a little over a 1,000 miles I'm glad I did. No a/c, no cruise, no fog lights, all the things that went to waste in my '02 became a real selling point. The 5 speed shifts like a knife in butter and with the lights in low beam I can actually see! The '02 was quick but the Club Spec is quick and you don't even realize it. The cup holder doesn't bother me, after a week I don't even notice it.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are really the ones the Club Spec doesn't have ... no a/c, no cruise, no fog lights. The 5 speed, cloth seats, and hand brake over on the empty side are fine too.

Suggested Improvements

A more reasonable price on the hardtop and pre-installed side latches would be nice along with an optional spare tire for those that want one.