2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Harley Davidson Replacement
By gus38 on 06/05/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Traded an '04 Ultra Classic and haven't looked back. The MX5 is a 2-dr/4wh replacement. It has all of the thrill of driving with the wind without having to worry about the weather. Top up/top down takes a few seconds. I have the Gr Touring with 7-spkr Bose system. Sound is great all the time. Cloth brown top with 6-spd manual. This car is by far the most fun vehicle i have driven. Past vehicles include Audi A6 & A4 Cab. I do wish there was some better answer for spare than Fix a Flat and run flat tires. Mileage has been 28 MPG combined. All in all it is hard to imagine a replacement for the HD but this car is IT. Decide on the top up/down when you get in the car. Simple

Best Fun Factor on 4 wheels - 2006 Miata
By 2006sonata on 02/23/13 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are so awesome. Fun, fun, fun, and reliable as can be. Cheap to fill up (small tank). Don't buy one of these if envious stares annoy you. Don't buy one of these if you'd much prefer to spend a lot of money on a true roadster. Don't buy one of these if you are on a first name basis with you auto mechanic and prefer to stay that way. I don't have the top of the line 'leather' version of the car, but slapped on some upgraded 17" alloy wheels, and great tires ( Michelin Pilot Super Sport), and handling actually improves dramatically - didn't think that was possible.

Bad computer
By oldfartfighter on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love the car, but, my wife will not ride with me any more, the damn car (computer) takes a crap if you park next to or close to overhead power lines. do not trust the car any more, last week we went for a ride to view fall leaves and stopped at a road side tavern for a brew, went to car , it would not allow the "key" to start, after much frustration and calling a tow truck operator, my wife looked at the manual and found that overhead power lines could cause a problem, enlisted some cowboys from tavern and pushed the car about 6' away from the overhead powerline, walah, it started. now will not venture any further than to town 2 miles do not trust the SOB

Better than a Sky or Solstice!
By MikeW1956 on 09/01/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my used 2006 GT a few weeks ago with only 22K miles on it. I've driven a number of two-seater convertibles, mostly Honda del Sols and one Toyota MR2 Spyder. The Miata definitely feels like more car -- the leather seats seem solid and luxurious, and I love the dashboard layout, redundant layout controls, remote entry, carpeting and cloth top. The trunk is practical, although not as large as the del Sol's. The only real drawback so far has been the gas mileage. My del Sol averaged 32-33 mpg in mostly city driving; first two fill-ups with the Miata have shown 24.9 and 25.9 (the second with about 50% freeway driving). That's in line with published figures, but is still not great.

Wish I would've bought one sooner!
By OC Brian on 08/07/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Much cheaper than a therapist...Excellent value in an automobile. Surprisingly comfortable; went for 3 hour ride and didn't feel "beat up" as expected. 6 speed manual gearbox easy to shift but ratios could be spaced a little farther apart. Build quality superb: No squeaks and rattles; much quieter than the Corvette I used to own. I prefer the Miata to the Corvette hands down; much better value for the dollar. Biggest complaint: Had to purchase a used donut spare tire as car originally fitted with run-flat tires that have subsequently been replaced with "regular" tires. Overall an excellent value and the top raises and lowers in seconds.

Why I love my Mazda Miata
By Rick on 07/29/10 22:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you have never owned a Mazda Miata you might wonder why Miata owners are so loyal to Mazda, and so passionate about their cars. However, if you are lucky enough to own one, you already know: the Miata is happiness on wheels. In 28 years of driving, I've never owned a car that makes such an impression on people. Even strangers come up to ask me about the car. I've lost count of how many times I've heard, "Nice car!" but I can remember three occasions when people actually wanted to take a picture of the car. I can assure you that none of those things ever happened to me when I drove a Toyota Corolla. There is no better example of trouble free fun than a Mazda Miata.

An excellent weekend car
By BrianSoCA on 07/23/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had been wanting one for quite a while. Got a GT model with all the bells and whistles and 6 sp. manual. Wasn't sure if I'd enjoy a stick again but glad I bought it. Solid build quality and corners as if it's on rails. Nice exhaust note. Small size makes it easy to keep clean. Chassis and engine combination is very balanced: Not so much power to get you into "trouble"; brakes are excellent.

I love my Miata
By Paul on 05/20/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Miata to use only when on special days. But since then, I have needed to use it as a commuter car. I commute 82 miles round trip each day. I have approximately 94,000 miles on the car and have never had a service call. I average 31.5 mpg in rush hour traffic. I can't wait for good weather to put the top down. The car is noisy and I wish the stereo were better. The seats could be upgraded, I have worn a hole in the driver side seat. But other then those issues, I love the car, and plan on buying another one when this one dies. I live in a snowy climate, and was told that the car would not work in the winter. I put 4 snow tires on it and it goes like a champ. No prob

Rained out in my 2006 MX5
By ldybyrd on 01/20/10 22:59 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2006 MX5. I use it for commute. I have problems when it rain. Every rain season the car floods from the drains inside the car. The dealership fixes it everytime for no charge. Concern problems continues. I am scared to drive or park the car outside in the rain. What should I do?

owner
By Ava on 10/13/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love my car. Continuous problems with the roof leaking and flooding inside the car behind the seats. The vents keep clogging where water runs off. Problem every rain season. Any suggestions?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.