Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

By Patrick Goungo

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

New or old this cars are for basically young people. You have to be I think in good shape because getting in and out requires twisting your back. Not fun on long trips, but great for every weekend to bring youth into your life. That said, I am 70 and this has been the most joyful car I have ever owned. Lots of fun driving it. Yes , this is one of my bucket list items. Enjoy life, you only get one each.

Fun car!
By David Peterson

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Really fun car! Actually has a trunk that's usable with the top down! Not a practical car for more than 2 people. Handles great and has enough power to make it interesting. Like having an old British sports car with modern tech. and Japanese reliability. Would definitely buy another one!

Great second car
By Rosy

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've loved this car for almost 10 years, but hated also at times when I couldn't even fit my carry on bag in the trunk. Overall very reliable and good miles per gallon.

Love this car. Fun to drive.
By Tom Boger

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Used mine Summers only. Drove to Golf course with clubs riding shotgun. Battery drains when stored due to anti theft etc. recommend battery buddy for winter storage. Not a good winter car in NE USA.

My 5th Miata
By brianmc2014

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I currently own a 2006 Miata Sport and it is my 5th one. I bought first year model they came out and they are unbeatable for the money.All the ones I've had average close to 30mpg and I have spent $0 dollars on any of them. They're the most reliable and dependable cars I've ever owned. I've had the Honda S2000 and it's expensive to upkeep..preminum gas,tires are staggered so you can't rotate and insurance is outrageous.. the shear fun factor alone this these Miata's is priceless.i've owned every convertible on the market ( or pretty close) and I always come back to the Miata.Only issue I've ever had with these cars is the rain drains clogging up and water standing in the passenger floorboard

cheap to own and keep up. parts are cheap. handling is insane. great value

rain drains tend to clog up and water stands in the passenger floorboards. Keeping those drains clean is of the most utmost importantance to prevent issue.Mazda knows of this design flaw and offers a kit to correct this for $700.. maybe make the drains more straight down and take out the curves

• SUV