Used 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Fun 2 Drive
By Babynton

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been the car of my dream ever since I was in high school. The wait was worth it. This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down.

Leather seats, Bose system.

Mazda Miata
By CRBACSW

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is stylish and a lot of fun to drive. Handles corners well. Turns a lot of heads and receives a lot of thumbs up from onlookers. It is not real good with bumps - but then again it is a small sports car!

Leather interior, very handsome dash, Bose sound system.

A smoother suspension.

zoom zoom = FUN
By JIMMIE

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 2005 MX5 Mazda Speed; it's Red with 6 speeds, leather and turbo engine. The car runs like the wind, it is fun to drive and performs well on the highway. The first 3 tanks of fuel, we got an average of 30 MPG. It does require premium but its worth the additional cost when related to the FUN of driving it. I am an average size guy 5'10" 175 and it is very comfortable. Even 4-6 hour rides are comfortable. We waited for the '06's to come out but liked the '05's better, the '05 is more comfortable. The trunk fits two bags of golf clubs. With the top up it's as quiet as can be expected. This vehicle really turns heads and we get a lot of thumbs up. Bottom line, its fun to drive.

Exterior appearance, powerful engine, comfortable, FUN to drive.

I think a standard roll bar would be nice.

Retirement Car
By Great Gramma

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '97 Miata when I was 60 years old and newly retired - 8 yrs ago! I enjoy it as much today as when it was brand new. I had wanted one for years. We drove Lincoln's and other large cars but this was to be 'my' car. Granted, it has low mileage (65,000) but it's never had a problem other than something very minor. I love it! Just can't say that enough. Terrific MPG, great get-up-and-go, loves the mountain curves I drive and sounds wonderful - that Miata muffler just can't be beat and, it looks absolutely fantastic. It always gets comments as we drive it to church and around town all the time. Get one - you'll never regret it.

The MPG, the handling, maneuverability, power, reliability, sound, looks - just all of it.

Mazda M5
By Laura Bromme

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned the Audi TT convertible and this is equally comparable at half the price. Fun design which separates you from all the other Miatas.

Wheels are awesome.