2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Miata fan
By Matt on 06/14/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a fun car to own. However there was a pesky little $400 problem with the starter coil. Other than that it has been great. Power is mostly in the high RPMs. This lets the car drive more like a regular car during regular driving. The down side of that is when you have to take off from a dead stop.

Great Fun Car for Guys looking for Toys
By Dave on 06/10/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I amways wanted a little convertable but could never afford one. This Miata is to me what the Model T Ford was to America. Affordable, Practical, Fun to Drive. My wife and I are over 50 and have a great time every week end in this Little Car...in short it's great.

Big smile car
By eric on 06/10/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is the most fun car I ever had. Anyone looking for a big trip to smile city will love it. Obviously if you have a family it could only be a second or (toy) car. But single folks will find no problem filling up that second seat. I can only compare it to a go kart I had as a kid. Wishing I could ride that kart all over the place. Now I can and I can put the top up when it rains. MPG is great. Now if I can keep it away from my kids. They can get their own toy. Drive one... you will be hooked

New to mazda
By APERIL on 06/10/05 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first mazda...I was a loyal honda owner until now! This has to be the most fun car i have ever owned! It is fantastic to drive and i have had absolutely no mechanical problems at all! It may be small but if you're looking for a big car you wouldn't be looking at the mx-5 to begin with! Try one and you'll fall in love!

Great Fun
By Greg Bottini on 05/30/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

While giving a friend a ride, I decided to turn around. As I hit the brake, we came up to a gravel side road with lots of sand and gravel on the highway. I expected a slide but to my amazment we got a smooth rapid deceleration. This car holds the road like it is magnetized. I've seldom gotten less than 30 miles to the gallon reguardless of city or highway driving.

I Love My Miata
By Tony on 05/27/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since the Miata first came out, I was in love with it! Now, after 10 years I finally got one and the thing most people would be surprised at is that I got rid of a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro Sport and the Miata is what I replaced it with! I have never had a car that is so much fun to drive! There are many cars that I considered to purchase; the Boxster, BMW Z4, and other more expensive cars, but when it came down to fun for the money and most importantly, reliability and not having to go to the dealer just to change a lightbulb, the Miata won the contest and I have never been happier with a car in my life! If you're thinking of buying one... do it. You won't regret it.

SO MUCH FUN !!!!!!!!
By Lisa on 04/28/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a larger car. Took me about a month to become comfortable in my smaller space. But, let me tell you .....It is so much fun when the top goes down!!!! I absolutely love this car!

Outstanding machine
By Diego on 04/16/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car that makes you smile when you drive it. I am extremely satisfied with my Miata, I think the only thing I would improve in this car is the little trunk space.

Buy a Miata
By Burt Lauderbaugh on 03/30/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Had an MGB in the 60's and this is more fun, much peppier, and ,definitely more reliable. Like the style on the 2005 better than older models and better than the new one being previewed in the press now. It will definitely be a long term love affair.

A joy to drive!
By Rick on 02/17/05 22:43 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Now two years old, this is the most fun car I've had in my life (I'm 65)! I can't take the smile off my face each time I'm in it. Plenty of power, terrific handling, and great, great after-market products. Miata clubs all over the country and the world which make it a joy everywhere you go. I don't know anyone whose had one and regretted it I know at least five people who have 2 or more of these cars. It's like a small vacation each time you get in it. It appeals to ALL ages and gathers a crowd everywhere you go--even more when you travel with a club.