Used 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Mx-5-miata - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Fun, Freakin' Awesome Sports Car!
By 3rd Wright Brother

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I searched for a new car I wanted a convertible. I researched all the different models and within a week I ordered a Mazda Miata. It was the best convertible available and exactly what I was looking for. It had power, great handling, style, and I loved how easy it was to put the top down. It takes me less than three seconds to put the top down or put it back up. A lot of other convertibles on the market required two people to lower or raise the top. I have driven my Miata to so many places, but driving through the Rockies was my favorite. The small back road to Aspen was the most breathtaking journey ever and the Miata was a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

The handling is superb! It turns on a dime, has great acceleration, very comfortable seats (even more comfortable than my Chevy Blazer) and it looks better than convertibles that cost two times as much. Everything is an ergonomical dream making it seem as if you are 'one' with the car.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any improvements. I am glad I bought the 2005 model though. Its tan interior with a tan top with a blue exterior was replaced with a new interior that looks much less appealing. If I bought another Miata I would look for another 2005 model, and not a newer one.

Used Car Bargain
By DAC989

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

These are the cars that make driving fun. Bought this one used with under 4K miles for my 2 or 3 commute days but has also become the date car for my wife and me. The interior was very efficiently designed and the trunk has more room than you would think. Getting a little over 27 mpg. For the price, you cannot beat this car.

Favorite Features

Stereo is awesome! And the top, of course.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic retractable top but this is minor.

Fun 2 Drive
By Babynton

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been the car of my dream ever since I was in high school. The wait was worth it. This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, Bose system.

Mazda Miata
By CRBACSW

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is stylish and a lot of fun to drive. Handles corners well. Turns a lot of heads and receives a lot of thumbs up from onlookers. It is not real good with bumps - but then again it is a small sports car!

Favorite Features

Leather interior, very handsome dash, Bose sound system.

Suggested Improvements

A smoother suspension.

zoom zoom = FUN
By JIMMIE

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 2005 MX5 Mazda Speed; it's Red with 6 speeds, leather and turbo engine. The car runs like the wind, it is fun to drive and performs well on the highway. The first 3 tanks of fuel, we got an average of 30 MPG. It does require premium but its worth the additional cost when related to the FUN of driving it. I am an average size guy 5'10" 175 and it is very comfortable. Even 4-6 hour rides are comfortable. We waited for the '06's to come out but liked the '05's better, the '05 is more comfortable. The trunk fits two bags of golf clubs. With the top up it's as quiet as can be expected. This vehicle really turns heads and we get a lot of thumbs up. Bottom line, its fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, powerful engine, comfortable, FUN to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I think a standard roll bar would be nice.