2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
MX5 - there's no substitute
By dklein on 04/03/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the money this sports car is a 10. But if you want the top of the line best it cost over 50k easily. It is so fun to drive you look forward to doing it. When I bought it I was not fully aware of it's past but I am happy I am in it's present and future. It is a sports car so it is not the most comfortable ride but again complete fun. With the top down "forget about it"

A great toy and dependable car!
By 2005 Mazda MX5 Miata on 03/10/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 70 years old and have owned Jaguars, X19s and many small convertibles. I LOVE MY MIATA MX5! It hates snow and so do I, so it remains in its heated garage all winter but when its ready to go so am I. I feel safe and comfortable in it. I wish I were younger, I'd be in the new 2008 with the upgrade! I take it to the mountains a lot and appreciate the way it handles and takes the upgrades with power to spare! As far as looks go? How can you beat it? Thanks Mazda.

Retirement Car
By Great Gramma on 08/04/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '97 Miata when I was 60 years old and newly retired - 8 yrs ago! I enjoy it as much today as when it was brand new. I had wanted one for years. We drove Lincoln's and other large cars but this was to be 'my' car. Granted, it has low mileage (65,000) but it's never had a problem other than something very minor. I love it! Just can't say that enough. Terrific MPG, great get-up-and-go, loves the mountain curves I drive and sounds wonderful - that Miata muffler just can't be beat and, it looks absolutely fantastic. It always gets comments as we drive it to church and around town all the time. Get one - you'll never regret it.

Mazda M5
By Laura Bromme on 08/04/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned the Audi TT convertible and this is equally comparable at half the price. Fun design which separates you from all the other Miatas.

Got Mine!
By P.P. on 06/29/05 14:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A truly fun vehicle to drive. Tight into the corners and curves, good power for the needs. Great feeling on the highway, with the top down, sun shinning. Zoom - Zoom!!

Great Fun Car for Guys looking for Toys
By Dave on 06/10/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I amways wanted a little convertable but could never afford one. This Miata is to me what the Model T Ford was to America. Affordable, Practical, Fun to Drive. My wife and I are over 50 and have a great time every week end in this Little Car...in short it's great.

Big smile car
By eric on 06/10/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is the most fun car I ever had. Anyone looking for a big trip to smile city will love it. Obviously if you have a family it could only be a second or (toy) car. But single folks will find no problem filling up that second seat. I can only compare it to a go kart I had as a kid. Wishing I could ride that kart all over the place. Now I can and I can put the top up when it rains. MPG is great. Now if I can keep it away from my kids. They can get their own toy. Drive one... you will be hooked

Great Fun
By Greg Bottini on 05/30/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

While giving a friend a ride, I decided to turn around. As I hit the brake, we came up to a gravel side road with lots of sand and gravel on the highway. I expected a slide but to my amazment we got a smooth rapid deceleration. This car holds the road like it is magnetized. I've seldom gotten less than 30 miles to the gallon reguardless of city or highway driving.

SO MUCH FUN !!!!!!!!
By Lisa on 04/28/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a larger car. Took me about a month to become comfortable in my smaller space. But, let me tell you .....It is so much fun when the top goes down!!!! I absolutely love this car!

Outstanding machine
By Diego on 04/16/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car that makes you smile when you drive it. I am extremely satisfied with my Miata, I think the only thing I would improve in this car is the little trunk space.