2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
MX5 - there's no substitute
By dklein on 04/03/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the money this sports car is a 10. But if you want the top of the line best it cost over 50k easily. It is so fun to drive you look forward to doing it. When I bought it I was not fully aware of it's past but I am happy I am in it's present and future. It is a sports car so it is not the most comfortable ride but again complete fun. With the top down "forget about it"

Fun, Freakin' Awesome Sports Car!
By 3rd Wright Brother on 08/13/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I searched for a new car I wanted a convertible. I researched all the different models and within a week I ordered a Mazda Miata. It was the best convertible available and exactly what I was looking for. It had power, great handling, style, and I loved how easy it was to put the top down. It takes me less than three seconds to put the top down or put it back up. A lot of other convertibles on the market required two people to lower or raise the top. I have driven my Miata to so many places, but driving through the Rockies was my favorite. The small back road to Aspen was the most breathtaking journey ever and the Miata was a joy to drive.

A great toy and dependable car!
By 2005 Mazda MX5 Miata on 03/10/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 70 years old and have owned Jaguars, X19s and many small convertibles. I LOVE MY MIATA MX5! It hates snow and so do I, so it remains in its heated garage all winter but when its ready to go so am I. I feel safe and comfortable in it. I wish I were younger, I'd be in the new 2008 with the upgrade! I take it to the mountains a lot and appreciate the way it handles and takes the upgrades with power to spare! As far as looks go? How can you beat it? Thanks Mazda.

Used Car Bargain
By DAC989 on 05/16/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

These are the cars that make driving fun. Bought this one used with under 4K miles for my 2 or 3 commute days but has also become the date car for my wife and me. The interior was very efficiently designed and the trunk has more room than you would think. Getting a little over 27 mpg. For the price, you cannot beat this car.

Fun 2 Drive
By Babynton on 10/20/06 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been the car of my dream ever since I was in high school. The wait was worth it. This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down.

Mazda Miata
By CRBACSW on 07/21/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is stylish and a lot of fun to drive. Handles corners well. Turns a lot of heads and receives a lot of thumbs up from onlookers. It is not real good with bumps - but then again it is a small sports car!

zoom zoom = FUN
By JIMMIE on 10/05/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 2005 MX5 Mazda Speed; it's Red with 6 speeds, leather and turbo engine. The car runs like the wind, it is fun to drive and performs well on the highway. The first 3 tanks of fuel, we got an average of 30 MPG. It does require premium but its worth the additional cost when related to the FUN of driving it. I am an average size guy 5'10" 175 and it is very comfortable. Even 4-6 hour rides are comfortable. We waited for the '06's to come out but liked the '05's better, the '05 is more comfortable. The trunk fits two bags of golf clubs. With the top up it's as quiet as can be expected. This vehicle really turns heads and we get a lot of thumbs up. Bottom line, its fun to drive.

Retirement Car
By Great Gramma on 08/04/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '97 Miata when I was 60 years old and newly retired - 8 yrs ago! I enjoy it as much today as when it was brand new. I had wanted one for years. We drove Lincoln's and other large cars but this was to be 'my' car. Granted, it has low mileage (65,000) but it's never had a problem other than something very minor. I love it! Just can't say that enough. Terrific MPG, great get-up-and-go, loves the mountain curves I drive and sounds wonderful - that Miata muffler just can't be beat and, it looks absolutely fantastic. It always gets comments as we drive it to church and around town all the time. Get one - you'll never regret it.

Mazda M5
By Laura Bromme on 08/04/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned the Audi TT convertible and this is equally comparable at half the price. Fun design which separates you from all the other Miatas.

Got Mine!
By P.P. on 06/29/05 14:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A truly fun vehicle to drive. Tight into the corners and curves, good power for the needs. Great feeling on the highway, with the top down, sun shinning. Zoom - Zoom!!