2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Fun, Freakin' Awesome Sports Car!
By 3rd Wright Brother on 08/13/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I searched for a new car I wanted a convertible. I researched all the different models and within a week I ordered a Mazda Miata. It was the best convertible available and exactly what I was looking for. It had power, great handling, style, and I loved how easy it was to put the top down. It takes me less than three seconds to put the top down or put it back up. A lot of other convertibles on the market required two people to lower or raise the top. I have driven my Miata to so many places, but driving through the Rockies was my favorite. The small back road to Aspen was the most breathtaking journey ever and the Miata was a joy to drive.

Used Car Bargain
By DAC989 on 05/16/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

These are the cars that make driving fun. Bought this one used with under 4K miles for my 2 or 3 commute days but has also become the date car for my wife and me. The interior was very efficiently designed and the trunk has more room than you would think. Getting a little over 27 mpg. For the price, you cannot beat this car.

Fun 2 Drive
By Babynton on 10/20/06 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been the car of my dream ever since I was in high school. The wait was worth it. This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down.

Mazda Miata
By CRBACSW on 07/21/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is stylish and a lot of fun to drive. Handles corners well. Turns a lot of heads and receives a lot of thumbs up from onlookers. It is not real good with bumps - but then again it is a small sports car!

zoom zoom = FUN
By JIMMIE on 10/05/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 2005 MX5 Mazda Speed; it's Red with 6 speeds, leather and turbo engine. The car runs like the wind, it is fun to drive and performs well on the highway. The first 3 tanks of fuel, we got an average of 30 MPG. It does require premium but its worth the additional cost when related to the FUN of driving it. I am an average size guy 5'10" 175 and it is very comfortable. Even 4-6 hour rides are comfortable. We waited for the '06's to come out but liked the '05's better, the '05 is more comfortable. The trunk fits two bags of golf clubs. With the top up it's as quiet as can be expected. This vehicle really turns heads and we get a lot of thumbs up. Bottom line, its fun to drive.

Miata fan
By Matt on 06/14/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a fun car to own. However there was a pesky little $400 problem with the starter coil. Other than that it has been great. Power is mostly in the high RPMs. This lets the car drive more like a regular car during regular driving. The down side of that is when you have to take off from a dead stop.

New to mazda
By APERIL on 06/10/05 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first mazda...I was a loyal honda owner until now! This has to be the most fun car i have ever owned! It is fantastic to drive and i have had absolutely no mechanical problems at all! It may be small but if you're looking for a big car you wouldn't be looking at the mx-5 to begin with! Try one and you'll fall in love!

I Love My Miata
By Tony on 05/27/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since the Miata first came out, I was in love with it! Now, after 10 years I finally got one and the thing most people would be surprised at is that I got rid of a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro Sport and the Miata is what I replaced it with! I have never had a car that is so much fun to drive! There are many cars that I considered to purchase; the Boxster, BMW Z4, and other more expensive cars, but when it came down to fun for the money and most importantly, reliability and not having to go to the dealer just to change a lightbulb, the Miata won the contest and I have never been happier with a car in my life! If you're thinking of buying one... do it. You won't regret it.

Buy a Miata
By Burt Lauderbaugh on 03/30/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Had an MGB in the 60's and this is more fun, much peppier, and ,definitely more reliable. Like the style on the 2005 better than older models and better than the new one being previewed in the press now. It will definitely be a long term love affair.

A joy to drive!
By Rick on 02/17/05 22:43 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Now two years old, this is the most fun car I've had in my life (I'm 65)! I can't take the smile off my face each time I'm in it. Plenty of power, terrific handling, and great, great after-market products. Miata clubs all over the country and the world which make it a joy everywhere you go. I don't know anyone whose had one and regretted it I know at least five people who have 2 or more of these cars. It's like a small vacation each time you get in it. It appeals to ALL ages and gathers a crowd everywhere you go--even more when you travel with a club.