Used 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

MX5 - there's no substitute
By dklein

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the money this sports car is a 10. But if you want the top of the line best it cost over 50k easily. It is so fun to drive you look forward to doing it. When I bought it I was not fully aware of it's past but I am happy I am in it's present and future. It is a sports car so it is not the most comfortable ride but again complete fun. With the top down "forget about it"

Looks,suspension,steering,Bose stereo, convertible,Fun to drive!

Horse power up to 190+

A great toy and dependable car!
By 2005 Mazda MX5 Miata

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 70 years old and have owned Jaguars, X19s and many small convertibles. I LOVE MY MIATA MX5! It hates snow and so do I, so it remains in its heated garage all winter but when its ready to go so am I. I feel safe and comfortable in it. I wish I were younger, I'd be in the new 2008 with the upgrade! I take it to the mountains a lot and appreciate the way it handles and takes the upgrades with power to spare! As far as looks go? How can you beat it? Thanks Mazda.

Everything, power, not an automatic, easy handling, reliability and good looks! I leave the engine to my dealer.

I would like the dash to be classier than the plain old grey vinyl.

Retirement Car
By Great Gramma

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '97 Miata when I was 60 years old and newly retired - 8 yrs ago! I enjoy it as much today as when it was brand new. I had wanted one for years. We drove Lincoln's and other large cars but this was to be 'my' car. Granted, it has low mileage (65,000) but it's never had a problem other than something very minor. I love it! Just can't say that enough. Terrific MPG, great get-up-and-go, loves the mountain curves I drive and sounds wonderful - that Miata muffler just can't be beat and, it looks absolutely fantastic. It always gets comments as we drive it to church and around town all the time. Get one - you'll never regret it.

The MPG, the handling, maneuverability, power, reliability, sound, looks - just all of it.

Mazda M5
By Laura Bromme

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned the Audi TT convertible and this is equally comparable at half the price. Fun design which separates you from all the other Miatas.

Wheels are awesome.

Electric rag top.

Got Mine!
By P.P.

2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A truly fun vehicle to drive. Tight into the corners and curves, good power for the needs. Great feeling on the highway, with the top down, sun shinning. Zoom - Zoom!!