The car that made driving FUN again.
By ckwalden2 on
2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
My first Miata was a 2000 standard edition; 5speed, cloth/vinyl interior, factory stereo/cd, standard suspension and wheels etc... I drove it for about a year and loved every minute of it.I missed it from the moment it was gone. Now, 2 years later, I have a '01 LS 6- speed, Nardi interior, leather, Bose Stero/cd, CC, sport whls/tires and suspension. As well as the standard model handled, I was shocked and amazed at how much better the LS handles. This car corners like it is on rails. It's definitely not a muscle car, it has plenty of pep and I get 30 mpg hwy, and 20-25 city.I highly recommend the Miata to anyone who wants to enjoy driving again!
Favorite Features
The exterior is sleek & sporty; cockpit layout are sharp. The sport suspension package eats curves alive without even a whimper from the low profile tires and 16" wheels. The Miata trunk can fit full sized suitcase -try that in an MR2 Spider.And, good old fashioned REAR WHEEL DRIVE!
Suggested Improvements
My main complaint about the Miata is the lack of padding on the console/arm rest. The 2001 has functional cup holders, where the 2000 did not, which is a major improvement.A few more horses wouldn't hurt, but with gas pushing $2/gal, I'm a happy man with my Miata.