2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Good
By Sonia Leal on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think the car is a reliable vehical and I am very comfortable driving it.

Miatas Deliver...
By cal24sh50 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Most people who buy Miatas are looking for a sports car feel and the absolute fun of driving top-down. The Miata really delivers on both. We've had one since 1997 and can't imagine ourselves without one. The car is also extremely reliable in our experience. It starts and goes every time we ask it to. There may be faster roadsters, but I can't imagine having any more fun driving one of them.

Collin's Review
By Collin Garcia on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 1995 Mazda Miata MX-5. For a small as it is, it is a great car. Suprisingly, the Miata is very roomy on the inside and can comfortably seat a full size adult with some room to spare. THe accelleration and performance doesnt lag either. For as small as it is, its packs a powerful punch.

Awsome
By ScottyBoyHappyFace on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great fun. It's impossible to drive it without having a smile put on your face. Your neighbors will adore you.

Had to have it
By ewag on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Miata. Had a 2001 that got creamed by an SUV that ran a red light in 2002. The car was destroyed almost beyond recognition. I ended up in a shock trauma unit with a devastating right leg injury that will be with me for the rest of my life. After 13 months I was able to return to work and went right out and brought a new Miata. This sucker is just plain addictive fun.

Memorable First Car
By Brian Wright on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 17, 2003 Special Edition #768 was mine until a couple of days ago, when I was run off of the highway. I am extremely grateful that this car was as safe as it was. At about 50 mph impact, I was able to get up and walk out of the car with several scratches and bruises. Worked hard to make payments, but I never got sick of working because I always got to drive that car home. This car was an absolute blast to own, and I wish I could have been with it for a good 200,000 miles. Got it up to 130 mph w/ 6-speed and room to climb higher!

for the money
By clemsonfan on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

THIS CAR DEFINITELY HAS A SMOOTH SPORTS CAR FEEL AT A REASONABLE PRICE. GOOD LOOKING AND GREAT DRIVING AND RIDING.

I feel like a kid again!
By JimminOH on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving the Miata in the early evening of summer days, with the sun going down and the air starting to cool. Everywhere I park the car, people say "That's my car" I say "Dream on"

New Miata Special Edition
By Steve R on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking car and a lot of fun to drive with the 6-speed. The interior comfort is fine. My only problem has been with the clutch pedal being too close to the left footrest on the floor. The car runs and performs flawlessly. The Bose music system is also great. Gas mileage has been around 26 mpg so far.

Great Value
By New Miata Owner on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive on those windy mountain roads or along the cost. OK on the highway, top down or up. Doesn't get blown around by the big trucks. Real value at $19,000. Great 3rd car. High gas mileage. Great grins for the money.