2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Open air driving excitement
By my dream car on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my other car. I've been wanting to own a miata since I first test drove one in 1995. However, I was a student with no income, so no car. I've been driving a SUV for past 5 years. I got this miata for my birthday and it is FUN. I love the handling and open air driving experience. The design is very nice, reminiscent of the old Jag E- types.

Get One
By JimBo Hami on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you like to drive, get one. I bought mine for what I call a steal of a price for such a fun car to drive. If you get one and donot have this feeling, go to the doctor and find out what's wrong with you.

Awsome
By Shirley928976 on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Best Car Ever!!!!!!

First New Car
By bixnewsie on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 Mazda Miata Mx-5 is my first car. The handeling is great, and while it's a little lacking in acceleration power, the car makes up for it because it's so fun to drive. I learned how to drive stick on it, and I had no problems. The clutch isn't tricky at all. (I had previously driven automatics.) The car turns heads. The exterior is amazing. The interior is a bit tight. The cup holders are in an awkward spot. You can hit them with your elbows. The sound system is great. You can hear everything clearly with the top down.

the mean machine
By kevin W on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

extreme turning, add a turbo-charger to it and it will keep up with the new corvette. as it is, it can take over a lot of cars on the road due to it light weight design and rear-wheel drive. its a very fun car to drive. if your really interested, you can now get a MAZDA SPEED version which comes with a turbo already. a test drive will sell the car. have fun!

A must-drive before you buy
By Westcin on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wow. I thought the "fun drive" thing was hype, but I was wrong. A real joy to drive. I drove them all, Porche Boxster, Audi TT, Nissan 300, BMW Z-4. Thought I was going to get the Z-4 until I drove the Miata....AND I can get my golf clubs in the trunks - NO OTHER CONVERTIBLE COULD DO THIS - and its about 60% of the price of the Z-4.

Excellent Car
By Jsannes on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Saturn SL2. The car handles tight corners, avoidance manoeuvers superbly. Interiour is well thought out, nice materials. The transmission shifts very smooth and precise. Trunk is small, but better than MR2 Spyder. Overall quality and finish of materials is very nice. Longitudianl engine, easy service. The Mazda VVT and longer stroke make the 1.8L powerplant feel more powerful.

My 2004 Miata
By TopJimmy on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never purchaced, nor owned a more fun-to-drive car than the Mazda Miata. It handles curves effortlessly, has excellent road manners and the styling is superb. Its nimbleness allows easy maneuvering through tight city traffic.

2nd 1 and still love it
By mapwholesale on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

best bang for the buck

exceptional value
By 19gf on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive in town and interstate. Have made 2 2000 mile trips and the seating position for me is less fatiging than all vehicles I have owned.Fairly strong engine for vehicle this light in weight. Very tight, no rattles. I live in midwest and have to swap tires in winter for better traction. Did my homework, and found Falcon to be best for snow and rain. Have added stainless steel roll bar and Racing Beat stainless steel muffler. Plan to keep.