2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
TALL PEOPLE BEWARE!!!
By wkiernan on 07/06/12 19:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Look, I've had three Miatas. My first, a '93 that I bought used, got rear-ended by a whisky-drinker in a pickup truck. I rushed out and bought a nearly-identical second one. When it passed 200,000 miles (going strong I might add) I started shopping for a third, which I bought today - now I own _two_ of these things. My last twelve years of car buying expresses how very, very much I like this car better than any rodomontade I might compose. But. I'm 5'11" tall, and this car fits me like a comfortable shoe. What that means if you're 6'1" or taller, or a likely regular passenger is, I'm sorry but you really need to consider cars with a couple of inches more headroom.

I love it!
By revdll on 06/05/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car used with 25,000 miles. It's my daily driver in the Florida sun. I love it! Handles sharply and precisely. Rough roads produce a rough ride. Not a surprise. Zero problems.

Mazda mx-5 speed
By keith hinshaw on 10/23/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Easy fit in the garage. Actually has trunk space more than my convertible Vette. Top actuation up/down simple to do. Excellent 6 speed, short throw gear box. Plenty of power (172 HP) to pass. Logical panel lay out, easy to read at all speeds. Great brakes. 28 MPG at 75 MPH. I have owned gull wing, 300 SL roadster, MGA, AH and 2 Vettes. The MX-5 is the best of the bunch.

fun but tight
By jeff schwartz on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

car drives very well: steering control is terrific, makes tight turns, brakes on a dime. Fast on highway but very noisey. cabin is very tight and uncomfortable on long drives. outer design is beautiful but front end gets beat up alot by hellen keller parkers in the city. No front bumper to stop nicks and scratches by license plate area. All around fun drive for about 1 hour and then discomfort settles in. Car is a death trap in snow, ice and slush. Car easily gets stranded on snowy days.

My Miata
By martin redmond on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second miata. I had a 2001 for a short time. I love the body style and the size of the car. It also handles very well.It's a lot of top down fun for a reasonable price.Gas mileage is good and I believe the repair costs will also be reasonable.I was also treated very well at the dealership. Things that I have not liked about the car include:cramped interior ( I'm 5'10"),I would have liked more acceleration ( maybe the turbo) and the clutch shatters if you don't give it enough gas on take off from a standing start.

vinny car
By vincent galatolie on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

as a second car to work or fun this is the best

Love my Miata
By Equall on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's not the fastest car on the street. But, I didn't buy it to be fast. I bought it because it looked good and it never stops giving me pleasure. Everytime I get behind the wheel, It's still feels like the very first time...

Just plain fun
By elden stielstra on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is one fun car. It is what a convertable is supposted to be. Be careful, however, mixing it up with a SUV or a semi-truck is not going to help your health or the appearance of your Miata. It has an excellent power to weight ratio and handles like you think it should. Just plain fun!!

Car Puts A Smile On Your Face
By consuela on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I Love my car. What can I say. It makes you happy when you are driving it. Wish they never change a thing about the car. Why mess with perfection. I may seem bias, but go into a dealership and drive one, chances are you will either lease it or buy it.

Excellent Auto
By Bud-man on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Have had it for one year and with no problems of any kind. More fun to drive than you could imagine. Can't drive it with the top down without getting comments from other drivers on how great it looks. But the performance is amazing - it handles curves like a dream - at 120 mph. it feels the same as 60 mph. - the milage is pretty good at around 35 highway and 30 city. If you are considering buying a Miata, by all means don't overlook the Boss stereo system, best system I have ever heard (and I am 60 yrs. old by the way and have heard my share of systems). I give it a big thumbs up.

1 2 3 4 5 next »