2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
TALL PEOPLE BEWARE!!!
By wkiernan on 07/06/12 19:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Look, I've had three Miatas. My first, a '93 that I bought used, got rear-ended by a whisky-drinker in a pickup truck. I rushed out and bought a nearly-identical second one. When it passed 200,000 miles (going strong I might add) I started shopping for a third, which I bought today - now I own _two_ of these things. My last twelve years of car buying expresses how very, very much I like this car better than any rodomontade I might compose. But. I'm 5'11" tall, and this car fits me like a comfortable shoe. What that means if you're 6'1" or taller, or a likely regular passenger is, I'm sorry but you really need to consider cars with a couple of inches more headroom.

I love it!
By revdll on 06/05/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car used with 25,000 miles. It's my daily driver in the Florida sun. I love it! Handles sharply and precisely. Rough roads produce a rough ride. Not a surprise. Zero problems.

2004 Classic Red Miata
By Jaxrolo on 05/14/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Previously I had a 2000 Miata which was very nice. Got in a wreck so Had to buy this 2004. WOW this car is great!!! Very nice ride. great handling.

Mazda mx-5 speed
By keith hinshaw on 10/23/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Easy fit in the garage. Actually has trunk space more than my convertible Vette. Top actuation up/down simple to do. Excellent 6 speed, short throw gear box. Plenty of power (172 HP) to pass. Logical panel lay out, easy to read at all speeds. Great brakes. 28 MPG at 75 MPH. I have owned gull wing, 300 SL roadster, MGA, AH and 2 Vettes. The MX-5 is the best of the bunch.

Lovin' It
By Certifiable on 07/08/06 18:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at S2000, Z3/4, Audi TT, and many others. Wanted a weekend "toy". This was by far the best value, without sacrificing any of the features I wanted (zip and more zip). Better handling in the curves than the others.

Miata Mama's Fun Toy!
By Madam X on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Miata! It's cute, cool and fun to drive! I especially like how it takes turns/curves and at an accelerated speed, too. BUT, I find myself doing ticketable (is that a word??) things just because I can! Call it my mid-life fling, but this is a car I'm happy to have met!

great roadster
By giain on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Cloth 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a blast! Value is the bottom line and this is it.

fun but tight
By jeff schwartz on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

car drives very well: steering control is terrific, makes tight turns, brakes on a dime. Fast on highway but very noisey. cabin is very tight and uncomfortable on long drives. outer design is beautiful but front end gets beat up alot by hellen keller parkers in the city. No front bumper to stop nicks and scratches by license plate area. All around fun drive for about 1 hour and then discomfort settles in. Car is a death trap in snow, ice and slush. Car easily gets stranded on snowy days.

My Miata
By martin redmond on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second miata. I had a 2001 for a short time. I love the body style and the size of the car. It also handles very well.It's a lot of top down fun for a reasonable price.Gas mileage is good and I believe the repair costs will also be reasonable.I was also treated very well at the dealership. Things that I have not liked about the car include:cramped interior ( I'm 5'10"),I would have liked more acceleration ( maybe the turbo) and the clutch shatters if you don't give it enough gas on take off from a standing start.

vinny car
By vincent galatolie on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

as a second car to work or fun this is the best