2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Apparently the only Mazda Miata

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Apparently the only Mazda Miata Lemon
By KSM on

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a Mazda Miata MX-5 C in Splash Green Mica. Within a few weeks of purchasing this vehicle, I've had hard starts (i.e. sometimes it takes over one minute to start the car and then it starts sluggishly.) I also have gas smells and a major braking issue where rarely the vehicle's engine starts to race the more you brake. The only way to stop the vehicle fully is to turn it off or put it in neutral while braking. Dealership cannot reproduce or fix so now I'm in lemon law court. I'm so disappointed because I did a tremendous amount of research which strongly suggested this car was reliable. It's an absolutely beautiful vehicle but I seem to be the only one stuck with a lemon.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable, body and interior are gorgeous, and as long as you can accept the bouncy ride, on the highway it's a dream to drive. You also have a lot of control over the maneuverability of the vehicle as it hugs the road.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter headlights and radio controls on steering wheel would be nice.