My Shinsen
By Denise on
2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
The acceleration of this vehicle is really lacking. I really wish that it had tilt steering. Don't know if it is true but I was told that this particular year only came in manual and that an automatic transmission was not an option. I would have preferred an automatic. My Shinsen is a third vehicle and stays mostly protected in the garage. I would have to say that I am pretty satisfied to own such a one of a kind (once again was told by my dealership that only 1500 of them were made).
Favorite Features
My favorite feature has to be the look itself. Although I have had more near misses from people on the road paying more attention to me just trying to figure out what type of car it is. You would be surprised how many people who approach me asking me what type of vehicle it is.
Suggested Improvements
I think that the acceleration is probably my biggest complaint (extremely slow from a start).
By sgtky
on 05/11/12 13:48 PM (PDT)

I bought my Shinsen in '04 The original owner had it for <2Kmiles. I have just turned over 80K this spring. They made 1451 of these cars. 250 were automatic of which mine is one. My car was loaded including chrome roll bar. I have never had a problem with this ride. Will be selling it to buy a new car this fall, but know I will be missing it.