Miata Still Has It...
By vtmiller on
2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Owned for 2 years and besides my Nissan SE-R 1992 (before they changed body style), this is the most fun car I've owned and perhaps even ridden in. Even my buddy's Porsche 911 (although powerful) doesn't generate the same feel as the Miata roadster. The Shinsen edition color got great reactions (some even asked what kind of car it was - Jaguar?) and there are tons of modifications one can do (under the hood) and styling. I've kept mine pretty stock, but plan on adding turbo next year for some racing pep. Nothing is needed for daily driving, but if you want to zip through the city, park anywhere, and lose stress with windy road driving anytime -- this is the car for you! Love it.
Favorite Features
The feel of the road. My sis' has a Mercedes roadster and even though it is more luxurious, I'd rather drive my Miata through the country roads. You truly won't appreciate this car until you drive it -- then you'll be hooked. Once you remove the visors, you'll love how easy (4 seconds) to take the top down.
Suggested Improvements
Simple upgrade to H&M Air filter increases pep. Adding other after market items like silver roll bar enhance styling. Great buy new or used - will probably never sell car because it's a perfect daily driver and/or 2nd weekend car.