2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
I have fun
By cheung on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have fun with this car wheather I am driving it or washing it.

Why didn't I buy one sooner
By Frank Guido on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just love driving it all over... Have done several 300 and 500 mile trips and it's a hoot!. I used to own a V8 Mustang but the Mustang is a great straight line, stop light to stop light runner and the rumble is a V8 but I am more road racer (which in my opinion is the true racing spirit) then a drag racer so it's a ton more fun even though it doesn't have the power. Handling in corners is just fantastic and it's agility... :-). One of the most fun and best cars I ever drove.

Fun Driving!!!
By daRick on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is not a limo nor an SUV, but a true sports car! It handles like one and in many ways better than most high- end European sports cars at non law- breaking speeds! Fun to drive and takes curves as if it were on rails. Porsches, BMWs, etc. need high speed to really bring out their best--this baby does it while doing under 55 miles an hour... and the purr of the exhaust is a beautiful thing to hear...Just love it! PS Im rating COMFORT above for a sports car; not comparing it to my Acura family sedan!

An Experience
By connie on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car that when your drive it, you are transformed into another world.. As you can see I love my Miata. It is truly a fun car to drive. I look forward to going out and driving it every day.

An Experience
By Connie on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

The "Nat One"
By Natalie on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Everyone calls my miata the "Nat One" because my name is Nat and my miata is my "baby". It is silver with a black top and interior. I added black leather seats with silver inserts, a chrome fuel door and a chrome style bar so far. There are many more mods I have planned for her. If you're thinking about buying a miata, stop thinking and do it!! The handling is on par with $40- $60k sports cars and the overall performance is great. Everyone loves the design, it is beautiful. For you guys, it's a chick magnet to boot. All the guys I know ask to borrow it because CHICKS LOVE THIS CAR! In short, I love my miata and im keeping it forever!

soaking in the rays
By miata man on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my first convertable-its 35-48 degrees and top has not been up yet except to wash car. handles great!! so far gas milage is great

5k miles to date
By dubewaa on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just eclipsed 5k miles, vehicle is fun to drive, of course cornering is its best attribute, add on ground effects are weak at best, these are applied when car arrives in port, weak attention to detail, not manufacturing problem, but it does cost them, ground effects are attached by plastic plugs, not actual screws, one soft kick and they will pop out, Mazda only sells in kits, has to devise alternative. car has great fit and finish.

Best Bang 4 the Buck
By rkmebane on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. If you are looking for a nice affordable sports car this is your car. when compared to the others out there, the Miata just made better $en$e.

Chi Machine
By granadabar on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a used car for about a month, and I was testing different asian sedans, then (for fun) i tested an 2001 red miata. I bought it. Screw a back seat for the kids, thats what the mini van is for. i've had it for two summers and it still gets me going.