2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Sunshine!!
By noblepa on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the most fun vehicle I have owned. Plus it causes smiles everywhere you go, and the driver never stops smiling. Visability is limited on side angles with the top up. My only complaint.

great car
By bg on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this car is just best power and performance

Mazda!!!
By Yall on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

its a good car!!!!! I really like it alot. cheap, but good car! Its awsome. Go buy it!!!!!

My SE
By Amberoofie on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After many years of admiring Miatas, I finally broke down and bought a new 2003 Special Edition. It has been great. I now look forward to the drive to work and am always plotting reasons to take it out. Granted, it is not meant for freeway cruising. But it will keep up with everybody. It is a little noisy. I also purchased a hardtop for the winter. A wise choice I think. All in all...it puts the fun back in driving. I wish I would have done this years ago.

Miata Shinsen is great!
By Swami on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, turns on a dime, solid construction, quiet engine, and any bad day turns good with the top down.

light heavyweight
By Zenith on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Being an owner of a very powerful and fast,very low mileage Nissan 300ZXtt, I can tell you with certainty that the Miata Shinsen is just as much fun. I also own a WRX, and the Mazda is more fun (though obviously less practical)

Miada Mama
By Siata on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it for fun but use it for work. Thrifty on fuel, waranty protection, dealer jumping through hoops for me. What more can one ask for. Mountain roads not a problem with the power and handling.

Zoom-Zoom!
By sholzer on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've noticed most non-miata drivers wear expressionless faces. I wonder if they notice the smile on my face as I'm driving - it's hard to not smile as I'm wrapped in total satisfaction driving me-miata!

Gorgeous car
By mannym on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rarely hear comments on the looks of the new Miata. It really is a gorgeous car to look at. As for performance, it takes more driving skill than a Corvette, wich is fine with me.

brand new
By Imantz on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have a 1990 base version and was shopping,ie: BMW z-4, Corvette, Nissan 350Z and after comparing value for the dollar the Miata is #1. I wasn't going to buy another since I wanted and can afford most vehicles but the price was too good to pass. Impressions of going from a 1990 base to this is no brainer. More performance and comfort features and build quality looks as good. The plastic molding has definitely improved along with seats. Driving finds a good turn in for cornering and adequate acceleration and braking. Anyone wanting to experience the virtues of open air driving should not pass on these vehicles as they deliver and are dependable!!