2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Great little Roadster in Austin
By Mike Brewer on 08/25/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wanted a great 2 seater roadster and got one. I really like the styling and handling. I like almost everything about the car. Only mods so far are oil pressure sending unit change and added front grille. Lots of fun to drive and great gas mileage.

Madza Special Editon
By Special Editon on 10/09/06 02:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Car is underpowered, needs at least 150hp. Car looks good, handles excellent and gas mileage. A good buy for the money.

Ol Blue
By Michael Chapin on 11/16/05 11:35 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the most fun I have had behind the wheel in my life. Very responsive, fun to drive, economical also. I wish I would have bought one a long time ago instead of waiting till my 58 birthday.

Built for the Sierras
By QwikLee on 12/17/04 16:33 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I live about an hour from the Sierra Nevada mountains on the California side. Whenever we want to take a Sunday drive, we hop in the Miata and spend a wonderful day winding through the foothills and mountains with the top down. What a way to enjoy the outdoors!

Love Mazda Style
By Texas Chick on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Miata. I loved the first one (a '95), but this SE is even better. I'm constantly complimented on its looks and I've been very impressed with the way it grips the curvy mountain roads here.

Unbelievable!
By MWi1068196 on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Took delivery of my new 2003 Miata SE in Strato Blue Mica on 5/28/04. Had a 2003 Tribute ES V6 and loved it, but the looks of the Miata, plus what I knew about the features, reliability, and quality of the car made my decision to trade an easy one. I've never owned a convertible before, but it's been an easy adjustment, even though I don't have room to haul much of anything. For me, that's a minor trade-off. This being my third Mazda, I can honestly say that Mazda now has a customer for life. I've had the top down most of the time and get plenty of comments on my great looking SE. Looking forward to enjoying it for many years to come!

What an excellent car!
By O.J. on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Miata, my first being a '93. I have found this car to be a dream to drive. It is fun, reliable, and simple. Aftermarket accessories abound, and it's easy to work on yourself. They are not expensive, and no other car has such an enthusiastic following. It is simply the most fun you can drive!

Mazda Miata
By razzlesue on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Needs highest octane gas or the valves vibrate.

Special Edition 6 Speed
By R Taylor on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

A true roadster! Light, small and agile. What more could a sports car aficionado want? A modern classic.

Cure to the midlife crisis
By ne28202 on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

For one whom has spent the last fifteen years in station wagons, seats six sedans, and mini-vans, this little machine is the cure to the midlife crisis. The engine purrs, the handling is brisk and it just plain fun. I rate the Miata right up with my YZ 250 dirt bike on the fun meter. Don't waste your time with the automatic. I test drove the 6 speed first for about 20 minutes and then didn't even make it out of the dealer parking lot with the automatic. (Wife will just have to re- learn to drive a stick shift.