2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Saved my life... best little car
By Sherylm on 09/24/07 18:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this sweet little car for the last few summers, and enjoyed every minute. Today, I got t-boned on the driver's side by someone running a stop sign, and I'm alive. Really sore, but alive. The outside of the car was really damaged, but the frame protected me well enough, that I can write this review. Not only was she beautiful and fun, but she turned out to be the best car in the most important sense. Thank you.

Zoom Zoom
By celica_122 on 03/19/07 23:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Cup holders are a hassle. Small interior. But I wanted a roadster and got one. The most fun to drive of any car I have driven. Someone traded a BMW Z3 for a Miata the day I was at the dealership, so what does that tell you? This is (in my opinion) the best roadster you can buy. If I get depressed I just go for a ride in my Shinsen!

New and fresh indeed
By Burt Lauderbaugh on 05/13/06 18:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Anyone looking for a special used MX-5 should take the time and effort to find the Shinsen Edition, made only in 2003. It draws many looks and inquiries. Great gas mileage also. Close to 30 mpg with no babying at all. Just pure fun.

Miata Still Has It...
By vtmiller on 12/17/05 12:14 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for 2 years and besides my Nissan SE-R 1992 (before they changed body style), this is the most fun car I've owned and perhaps even ridden in. Even my buddy's Porsche 911 (although powerful) doesn't generate the same feel as the Miata roadster. The Shinsen edition color got great reactions (some even asked what kind of car it was - Jaguar?) and there are tons of modifications one can do (under the hood) and styling. I've kept mine pretty stock, but plan on adding turbo next year for some racing pep. Nothing is needed for daily driving, but if you want to zip through the city, park anywhere, and lose stress with windy road driving anytime -- this is the car for you! Love it.

My Shinsen
By Denise on 11/08/05 16:21 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The acceleration of this vehicle is really lacking. I really wish that it had tilt steering. Don't know if it is true but I was told that this particular year only came in manual and that an automatic transmission was not an option. I would have preferred an automatic. My Shinsen is a third vehicle and stays mostly protected in the garage. I would have to say that I am pretty satisfied to own such a one of a kind (once again was told by my dealership that only 1500 of them were made).

Fun but only in the sun
By Shinsen on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love the looks. Many think it is a exotic at first look. Great car for nice sunday drives. Very fun to drive and gets the looks!!

My Pal
By Pete/N.Y. on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Will always have a least 1 convertible in my driveway thanks to Mazda.Car is everything a roadster should be.Price makes it a clear choice over any sports car on the road today.

awesome
By joseph surratt on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have exprience nothing but fun and reliable car for being a sports car. I owned a 96 miata trade in for 2002 turbo bug. Kept the bug less then two years trade for shisen 2003. i just love the way the miata handles when driving.

Finally bought my Shinsen!
By SluggoJD on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I agonized for an entire year, and finally did it last night. The car is exactly what I expected - mainly, beautiful yet muscular styling, perfect handling, great sound system, etc. I could go on and on - but other owners already know all the adjectives.

Fantastic
By LiMiata on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Miata. I leased a 1999 Miata and fell in love, only to buy a Shinsen version. Having a small car allows me to park anywhere. The Shinsen version also gives a shaper appearance and a better ride. The car puts me in a great mood all the time.