2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
The biggest go-kart in the world
By DDR2 on 04/24/09 18:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The title sums it up. Extremely agile car and light on its feet, like a go- cart. It's about as roomy as one too. But those who appreciate this car for what it can do won't be concerned about that. Acceleration isn't very strong either but again, if you want straightline acceleration, go buy a musclecar. This car belongs on roads with tight curves. It's easy to drive and own so far. The only improvements would be bigger trunk and more grunt. Otherwise, this is a fine piece of machinery.

Apparently the only Mazda Miata Lemon
By KSM on 03/18/06 17:14 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a Mazda Miata MX-5 C in Splash Green Mica. Within a few weeks of purchasing this vehicle, I've had hard starts (i.e. sometimes it takes over one minute to start the car and then it starts sluggishly.) I also have gas smells and a major braking issue where rarely the vehicle's engine starts to race the more you brake. The only way to stop the vehicle fully is to turn it off or put it in neutral while braking. Dealership cannot reproduce or fix so now I'm in lemon law court. I'm so disappointed because I did a tremendous amount of research which strongly suggested this car was reliable. It's an absolutely beautiful vehicle but I seem to be the only one stuck with a lemon.

Finally!
By rwantin on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My patience has been rewarded - I grew up in Michigan, and now live in So. Cal. A lifelong motorcyclist, it was here that I could finally get what I consider to be the finest 4-wheeled equivalent of a bike - a Miata! Grins from ear-to-ear, sensational handling, bulletproof reliability, and at a price that still can't be touched in this segment (sorry, I have never warmed up to the looks of the MR2). I now have a pleasant dilemma in the garage: Bike or car? This is indeed a classic roadster in the purest of (all) senses. Do yourself a favor - dismiss what anyone else thinks, and take one for a spin. You will not regret it.

Dave's baby
By David Tracy on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE driving my Miata! Definately no buyers remorse here. Highly recommend this car for the fun-minded and quality- minded.

Love it
By Tiddily on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun car that I have ever owned. It is responsive. It has clean lines. It is one of the few sports cars on which an automatic transmission is an option. It is a gteat car for those who want performance along with being noticed.

My Marvelous Miata
By maggie518 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A truly great car. Zippy, peppy, easy to drive, easy to love. Easy maintenance. I am the envy of my friends. Wouldn't drive anything else.

Therapy
By KMB@NS on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car that is just plain fun. If you do not enjoy driving this vehicle, there is no hope for you. You may never want to put the roof up, even when the cold weather arrives.

Best Roadster on the road
By aneel on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a car that was so well made. Everything that needed to be thought about to put in a sports car was done on this one. Nothing is poorly done... everything is first class

ONE GREAT CAR
By MG WANNA BE on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My car is a 2000 EO I just love it. It has enought power when you need, a can move out of the way. There is plenty of trunk room for a 2 week vacation full of stuff.

Classic Sports car in today's Technology
By Wen on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Back in college I got the itch for classic sports cars driving a Triumph TR4-A. Unfortunately, it meant tightening bolts, oiling squeaks and numerous fixes as the British made car fell apart. Along came Mazda with the Miata having classic lines and european style. The reliability is awsome and the handling is even better than my old Classic. Thanks Mazda!!