Used 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Go for it
By Woodio

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Look around first to get a feel for what's out there. You will know a nice one when you see it. Look for maintenance records.

Slot Car
By Candice Paul

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

That is what my husband calls this car due to its' handling. It is hugely fun to drive. It hugs the road like nothing else I have driven. Fun and zippy; zoom zoom describes it perfectly. I am 5'2" so the form factor is perfect for me. It feels like it is hugging me as I drive.

Only possible car for short people
By Kara

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm five foot and have the greatest visibility I've ever had with any car in the Miata. Has strong headlights, amazing steering, quick and easy to put the top down (at a traffic light. The Miata is small, elegant and always smiling. Greatest car ever and would recommend it to anyone who is under 6'2".

It has strong headlights, and easy to put down top, accelerates quickly, nice short shift for manual.

To make the Miata handle even better get stiffening bars.

The biggest go-kart in the world
By DDR2

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The title sums it up. Extremely agile car and light on its feet, like a go- cart. It's about as roomy as one too. But those who appreciate this car for what it can do won't be concerned about that. Acceleration isn't very strong either but again, if you want straightline acceleration, go buy a musclecar. This car belongs on roads with tight curves. It's easy to drive and own so far. The only improvements would be bigger trunk and more grunt. Otherwise, this is a fine piece of machinery.

Lightweight, balanced suspension.

Bigger trunk, more grunt.

My Hobby
By RLM

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a suspension and handling addict and this car answers the call and more. I have the six speed with Bilstein shocks and limited slip differential in triple black. For me the car has just the right horse power as I enjoy using the six speed to make the car go rather than just hitting the gas. I enjoy the interaction with the car and the road especially with the top down.

I really like the black leather with the black exterior and the sports supsension adds to the fun. It feels like the harder you take a turn the more traction and stick you have. Do not need traction control-keep experience pure. ABS is one saftey exception for me

I do not like the cumbersome installing of the cover. Plus a more effective wind screen behind driver and passenger along with auto sound adjustment with six disc cd in dash would be great. Also I would prefer a maximum performance summer tire as an option with sports suspension.