Used 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Mx-5-miata - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Only possible car for short people
By Kara

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm five foot and have the greatest visibility I've ever had with any car in the Miata. Has strong headlights, amazing steering, quick and easy to put the top down (at a traffic light. The Miata is small, elegant and always smiling. Greatest car ever and would recommend it to anyone who is under 6'2".

Favorite Features

It has strong headlights, and easy to put down top, accelerates quickly, nice short shift for manual.

Suggested Improvements

To make the Miata handle even better get stiffening bars.

The biggest go-kart in the world
By DDR2

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The title sums it up. Extremely agile car and light on its feet, like a go- cart. It's about as roomy as one too. But those who appreciate this car for what it can do won't be concerned about that. Acceleration isn't very strong either but again, if you want straightline acceleration, go buy a musclecar. This car belongs on roads with tight curves. It's easy to drive and own so far. The only improvements would be bigger trunk and more grunt. Otherwise, this is a fine piece of machinery.

Favorite Features

Lightweight, balanced suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk, more grunt.

My Hobby
By RLM

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a suspension and handling addict and this car answers the call and more. I have the six speed with Bilstein shocks and limited slip differential in triple black. For me the car has just the right horse power as I enjoy using the six speed to make the car go rather than just hitting the gas. I enjoy the interaction with the car and the road especially with the top down.

Favorite Features

I really like the black leather with the black exterior and the sports supsension adds to the fun. It feels like the harder you take a turn the more traction and stick you have. Do not need traction control-keep experience pure. ABS is one saftey exception for me

Suggested Improvements

I do not like the cumbersome installing of the cover. Plus a more effective wind screen behind driver and passenger along with auto sound adjustment with six disc cd in dash would be great. Also I would prefer a maximum performance summer tire as an option with sports suspension.

Great little Roadster in Austin
By Mike Brewer

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wanted a great 2 seater roadster and got one. I really like the styling and handling. I like almost everything about the car. Only mods so far are oil pressure sending unit change and added front grille. Lots of fun to drive and great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Styling and handling. Ease of raising/lowering convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really comes to mind

Saved my life... best little car
By Sherylm

2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Shinsen 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this sweet little car for the last few summers, and enjoyed every minute. Today, I got t-boned on the driver's side by someone running a stop sign, and I'm alive. Really sore, but alive. The outside of the car was really damaged, but the frame protected me well enough, that I can write this review. Not only was she beautiful and fun, but she turned out to be the best car in the most important sense. Thank you.

Favorite Features

The tight turns, and the look of it.

Suggested Improvements

Tilt steering so my husband can drive it.