Glad I'm on Earth - only place with MX5
By SCAREY on
2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
We have had our MX5 2000 (silver) for three days. (39,700 kms) I have run out of excuses to drive it - now I drive it in my sleep. Well almost. We were thinking buying a motorbike, and I am beginning to think this is more fun than a bike: as a past BMW bike owner I can throw this car into a corner just as fast and not worry about falling over. I was worried driving with the top up with restrict visibility a lot, but this is less of a worry than I expected. Today I drove in the rain for the first time on the freeway and there were no leaks. I am slowly getting used to the car, and the more I drive it, the more I like it.
Favorite Features
Seats. Quality of finish. Clever design of soft top: easy to use. With the roof down at 100kmh (60mph) you can talk normally to your passenger. Smooth as silk cornering: a skateboard on sticky rails. Feeling like you are in a speedy cocoon. Two separate trip meters.
Suggested Improvements
Make the ignition key easier to find in the dark. Improve the explanation of the oil pressure gauge in the manual: I am not sure if I have high oil pressure or not. Changing from 5th to 6th gear requires more thought than I think it should take. Not a straight line through.