2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - My 2002 Mazda Miata MX

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

My 2002 Mazda Miata MX Special Edition
By J.J. Hemingway on

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This special edition 2002 Miata as it was with my first a 1991 Miata---is fun to drive, great handling and the SE is a head turner. Amazing how many times I'm asked if it's a BMW, or what kind of car is it. This one came with all the lights, whistles, and bells. So it's fun, fairly practical and again like my first Miata--one of the most dependable vehicles I've ever owned. Only problems--the power antenna doesn't always go up when the radio is turned on, and the filler cap release for the gas tank doesn't release on the first pull. Very frustrating!!! Especially when it's cold here in Spokane.

Favorite Features

Styling the 6 disc in-dash cd changer is excellent. The brown leather interior took awhile to get used to, but now I like it just fine! Leather is so nice!!!

Suggested Improvements

Illumination around ignition would make it easier to find. Sometimes hard to get the key into the ignition. Had an MX-6 & it was illuminated. Dust & dirt get into little nooks & crannies where it's hard to keep it clean. Door kick panels get scuffed easily.