2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: love my Miata

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

love my Miata
By dbritt on

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2002 Miata second hand 8 months ago and love it! Never really enjoyed owning/driving cars, but I can honestly say that the Miata has completely changed that. The car is a blast to drive, is actually quite comfortable, and the overall quality is excellent. Two problems I've had with the car: a tiny hole in the soft top and a "chattery" clutch when the car was cold. My local Mazda dealer completely replaced the top and clutch under warranty without blinking an eye. Scheduled service performed by the dealer was inexpensive, especially compared with the VW that I owned prior. The ride is rough on poor pavement, and can be noisy/windy at high speeds, but regardless it's a GREAT car!

Easy to use controls, quality of interior, fit and finish, handling on windy roads, maneuverability in the city, driving position, classic styling, fuel mileage, Mazda service.

MINOR: Interior lights in the glove box, etc. A decent bracket for the front license plate (can't even find one aftermarket), scratches bumper.