2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: Couldn't Ask For More

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

Couldn't Ask For More
By Steve on

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had it a little over 2 weeks now. It is my daily driver and I couldn't ask for more. I'm a pilot so the interior is well suited for me. Just a short reach for everything I need and the seats are very comfortable. BTW, I'm 6"1'. Yes, driving it is a pure joy. For a short time I drove it on an interstate and keeping up with everyone at 80 then 100 it was rock solid. I thought it was be shaking and moving all over the place. Mine is a 6 speed and I don't rev the engine much past 4,000 between shifts yet get 25 MPG. Kinda surprised at it being that low but it's a small price to pay for this much fun. It still looks brand new and I catch people looking at it all time. Very cool.

Favorite Features

Interior layout and unique SE interior. Comfortable seats. Of course driving it. Titanium grey metallic paint is still flawless and looks a mile deep.

Suggested Improvements

I think it's just the way the car is setup but was surprised at only 25MPG. Have a much larger 4 cylinder Isuzu that gets 25MPG. I am being picky here cause it's hard to find something I think needs improvement.