2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
You can't beat it!
By schmammel on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

You can get a car that is more fun, faster and merginally better handling. But only if you're willing to pay another $8000 at least!

Just keeps getting better
By eorgon on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had a Gen 1 blk/tan and reluctantly gave her up when i fell in love with the titanium/chocolate SE. Better ride, better seats, great car.

Zoom Zoom
By Rons on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great fun litle car, for the money you can't beat it. Top up top down it's enjoyment all the way.

MostFunFor$20000
By 1stTimeMiata on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new miata. Sure a lot of people say that the car is for woman going through a mid life crisis, but I am none of those. For $20,000 there is no car as fun and reliable. Sure the horsepower is a little low, but I can use all the performance of my miata on the road while a porsch is not able to be pushed.

Fun!
By MiataOwnerSince93 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding handling and fun.

Dx: Boring commute; Tx: Miata
By billmanrj on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

A blast to drive...have you ever seen a Miata driver who didn't have a smile on his/her face? Impractical but who cares! My favorite game (in Florida it often rains daily) is to gamble and beat the weatherman by driving with the top down. Said by a co-worker after a ride..."In the long run, I bet this is alot cheaper than therapy".

Most fun I have had ever driving a car!
By Pugman on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

To all considering buying this car and worried about hp or interior comfortability, need not worry! My wife and I were considering a BMW Z3 but decided to go with this hot little #. It handles great, bose system is fantastic, and very peppy. I drive the car everyday to work and watch others driving into work with boring looks on their face and find myself smiling and thinking if they would have only bought a Miata! I am 6ft tall and I have ample room when driving. I go through the gears very fast and you get .4 cut off the 0-60mph with a 6 spd. I previously owned a Mustang GT conv. and love this car more by 10 fold.

Most Fun for the Money
By marshal1 on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The MX-5 is fun, fast, relaible and economical. It's also the best handling car I've ever driven. It reminds me of my 1969 Triumph GT-6, except I don't have to worry about it not starting after a rain storm. The bottom line is that the Miata = Fun!!

Great Toy
By KDSPUCK on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Don't forget it's intended purpose and you'll love it! More trunk room than before - a real plus. A little more power would be nice, but, this issue can easily addressed aftermarket. LS trim and suspension (drive both before you buy) upgrades are worth the money if you want to save yourself some aftermarket work.

I used to own a Vette!
By Jeffreytheman on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Because of finacial reasons I sold my 2000 Corvette that I loved! I was in the market for an affordable convertible. I liked the styling of the Miata but I was concerned about going from a V8 to a 4cyl.All I can say is this is the most fun car to drive. I look forward to driving it every day. I really love it, even if some people say it is a girls car!