2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Couldn't Ask For More
By Steve on 03/01/10 09:09 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had it a little over 2 weeks now. It is my daily driver and I couldn't ask for more. I'm a pilot so the interior is well suited for me. Just a short reach for everything I need and the seats are very comfortable. BTW, I'm 6"1'. Yes, driving it is a pure joy. For a short time I drove it on an interstate and keeping up with everyone at 80 then 100 it was rock solid. I thought it was be shaking and moving all over the place. Mine is a 6 speed and I don't rev the engine much past 4,000 between shifts yet get 25 MPG. Kinda surprised at it being that low but it's a small price to pay for this much fun. It still looks brand new and I catch people looking at it all time. Very cool.

Summer Car
By ric387 on 05/27/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Sold a 62 T-Bird and wanted an affordable used convertible as replacement. Tan interior and manual transmission were only requirements and purpose was for a summer car and not as a daily driver. Was not a Miata fan to start with and bought one from a friend mainly because I knew it was reliable and well taken care of. Also liked the fact that it was British Racing Green and a Special Edition fully loaded. Paid half the price I expected to pay for my original choices of z4 or boxster with same age/mileage. So far, so good. Comfort above what I expected. Acceptable motor/wind noise. Fun to drive. No rattles. Look and feel very solid.

HS Grad. Present
By kcs03 on 03/01/07 15:12 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I got this car for graduation, and I loved it. I have come to find that people either love it or hate it/think it's adorable or think it's a joke. Driving it with the top down makes all of the comments disappear. Also, not having to drive passengers a lot (because you can't fit ALL of your friends in) saves you gas...when you are already not putting in as much as they are in the first place!

True Love
By Sunryz on 09/26/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am not a car person and have never cared much about what car I drove. It was strictly functional. This yellow Miata changed that. After 4 years it is still an absolute blast to drive and people still comment about what a cool car it is. I drive it all year round with a hard top for the winter months. It looks cool like that too. My husband loves to drive it too. It is most fun on windy mountain roads. We go out driving on weekends just for the pleasure of driving it.

I love my Miata
By Cole on 06/25/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have to say that in the summer my Miata MX5 is the most wonderful driving experience. However, in the winter time when it's raining, I don't feel as safe driving it. With the wide tires it doesn't grip the road as well. The drive with the top down is the best and most fun that I've ever had in an automobile. It handles on a dime on dry pavement, has an excellent stereo to crank up the tunes and I feel as though I could drive forever in comfort in this car. In the winter time when the pavement is dry and the top is down the heater keeps me warm and I can travel in comfort. My only complaint is that visibility is lessened when the top is up. It is reliable, fun & well worth the price!

'02 Yellow Miata
By Melissa on 03/21/05 01:25 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Buying this car was one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

My 2002 Mazda Miata MX Special Edition
By J.J. Hemingway on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This special edition 2002 Miata as it was with my first a 1991 Miata---is fun to drive, great handling and the SE is a head turner. Amazing how many times I'm asked if it's a BMW, or what kind of car is it. This one came with all the lights, whistles, and bells. So it's fun, fairly practical and again like my first Miata--one of the most dependable vehicles I've ever owned. Only problems--the power antenna doesn't always go up when the radio is turned on, and the filler cap release for the gas tank doesn't release on the first pull. Very frustrating!!! Especially when it's cold here in Spokane.

I am impressed!!!
By Marko69 on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This has got to be the most fun on the road for the price. I can honestly say that I am not car rich and cash poor!! What a blast to drive and everyone seems to be envious when you tell them that you drive a Miata... unfortunatly up here in Canada it is only good for six months of the year. My other car is a Protegé5 and it is just as much fun to drive!!!

Just keeps getting better
By eorgon on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had a Gen 1 blk/tan and reluctantly gave her up when i fell in love with the titanium/chocolate SE. Better ride, better seats, great car.

Dx: Boring commute; Tx: Miata
By billmanrj on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

A blast to drive...have you ever seen a Miata driver who didn't have a smile on his/her face? Impractical but who cares! My favorite game (in Florida it often rains daily) is to gamble and beat the weatherman by driving with the top down. Said by a co-worker after a ride..."In the long run, I bet this is alot cheaper than therapy".