2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Not just a girls car... Street Legal GoKart!!!
By thewheelman1 on 12/19/11 09:56 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata for about a year now but have been racing miatas for about 5 years now and i would recommend these cars to anyone who wants a car you will never be bored of driving, outstanding reliability, the handling is matched with that of $100,000 cars, I have personally seen miatas smoke Z06 corvettes and Ferrari by half a mile on the road course, and by whole seconds on the Auto-X course. These little cars receive little respect from muscle car owners, but the real drivers car owners (ie. Porsche, Lotus, Aston Martin) they know whats up... As a daily driver, midlife crisis car, or a professional racecar the miata will always come through.

Couldn't Ask For More
By Steve on 03/01/10 09:09 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had it a little over 2 weeks now. It is my daily driver and I couldn't ask for more. I'm a pilot so the interior is well suited for me. Just a short reach for everything I need and the seats are very comfortable. BTW, I'm 6"1'. Yes, driving it is a pure joy. For a short time I drove it on an interstate and keeping up with everyone at 80 then 100 it was rock solid. I thought it was be shaking and moving all over the place. Mine is a 6 speed and I don't rev the engine much past 4,000 between shifts yet get 25 MPG. Kinda surprised at it being that low but it's a small price to pay for this much fun. It still looks brand new and I catch people looking at it all time. Very cool.

Lots of Great Used Miatas on the Road
By funpig on 08/14/08 00:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was younger, I owned a Triumph and was recently considering buying a restored one for kicks. In the end, common sense won and I bought a six year old '02 Miata with about 45,000 km. Best decision, I ever made. Truly a fun, fun car to drive. Reminds me of the old British sports cars, but with updated power, engineering and reliability. You really do feel like part of the car when you drive. The engine is not big, but it has great torque. The power is in the right places when you shift and you get a great sense of acceleration and speed throughout every gear. You control the Miata; the car does not control you.

Summer Car
By ric387 on 05/27/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Sold a 62 T-Bird and wanted an affordable used convertible as replacement. Tan interior and manual transmission were only requirements and purpose was for a summer car and not as a daily driver. Was not a Miata fan to start with and bought one from a friend mainly because I knew it was reliable and well taken care of. Also liked the fact that it was British Racing Green and a Special Edition fully loaded. Paid half the price I expected to pay for my original choices of z4 or boxster with same age/mileage. So far, so good. Comfort above what I expected. Acceptable motor/wind noise. Fun to drive. No rattles. Look and feel very solid.

HS Grad. Present
By kcs03 on 03/01/07 15:12 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I got this car for graduation, and I loved it. I have come to find that people either love it or hate it/think it's adorable or think it's a joke. Driving it with the top down makes all of the comments disappear. Also, not having to drive passengers a lot (because you can't fit ALL of your friends in) saves you gas...when you are already not putting in as much as they are in the first place!

Frank's Silver Miata
By fgalea on 01/12/07 07:21 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not my daily driver, a joy to drive. Can't help smiling when I'm in her and prideful when I look back at her when I walk away after a satisfying run in the sun. Even with the top up, it's fun to drive. I feel a real connection with the road and have a hard time parking her when it's time to face the real world. Never a problem. Not a powerful car but a powerful fun car.

True Love
By Sunryz on 09/26/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am not a car person and have never cared much about what car I drove. It was strictly functional. This yellow Miata changed that. After 4 years it is still an absolute blast to drive and people still comment about what a cool car it is. I drive it all year round with a hard top for the winter months. It looks cool like that too. My husband loves to drive it too. It is most fun on windy mountain roads. We go out driving on weekends just for the pleasure of driving it.

I love my Miata
By Cole on 06/25/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible SE 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have to say that in the summer my Miata MX5 is the most wonderful driving experience. However, in the winter time when it's raining, I don't feel as safe driving it. With the wide tires it doesn't grip the road as well. The drive with the top down is the best and most fun that I've ever had in an automobile. It handles on a dime on dry pavement, has an excellent stereo to crank up the tunes and I feel as though I could drive forever in comfort in this car. In the winter time when the pavement is dry and the top is down the heater keeps me warm and I can travel in comfort. My only complaint is that visibility is lessened when the top is up. It is reliable, fun & well worth the price!

Glad I'm on Earth - only place with MX5
By SCAREY on 03/16/06 02:20 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our MX5 2000 (silver) for three days. (39,700 kms) I have run out of excuses to drive it - now I drive it in my sleep. Well almost. We were thinking buying a motorbike, and I am beginning to think this is more fun than a bike: as a past BMW bike owner I can throw this car into a corner just as fast and not worry about falling over. I was worried driving with the top up with restrict visibility a lot, but this is less of a worry than I expected. Today I drove in the rain for the first time on the freeway and there were no leaks. I am slowly getting used to the car, and the more I drive it, the more I like it.

love my Miata
By dbritt on 10/06/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2002 Miata second hand 8 months ago and love it! Never really enjoyed owning/driving cars, but I can honestly say that the Miata has completely changed that. The car is a blast to drive, is actually quite comfortable, and the overall quality is excellent. Two problems I've had with the car: a tiny hole in the soft top and a "chattery" clutch when the car was cold. My local Mazda dealer completely replaced the top and clutch under warranty without blinking an eye. Scheduled service performed by the dealer was inexpensive, especially compared with the VW that I owned prior. The ride is rough on poor pavement, and can be noisy/windy at high speeds, but regardless it's a GREAT car!

1 2 3 4 5 next »