The Amazing Miata
By Eric on
2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
After four years I have to say I still love my Miata. My mission the day I bought it was to buy a WRX. However coming out of a convertible I was not prepared to totally forego an opening top. The WRX at that time did not have an available sunroof. The other problem, they were so hot all I could find were automatics! Just down the street was a Mazda dealership and I thought why not, the price was right. My test drive sold me 100%! I scared the salesman so that was a bonus. As a former policeman I drive like one ;) The handling is simply spot on superb. Though the stock Bridgestones were awful under 50 degrees. I put on GForce T/As and love them. One request - a bit more HP.
Favorite Features
The handling is spot on superb. Especially once you ditch whatever lousy tire they put on it at the factory. I chose Goodrich GForce T/As and they are awesome!
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower. You start with a perfectly balanced machine but it does lack a bit in 0-60. Improve that by 2 seconds and it would be perfect. I personally lust after a supercharger for my Miata.