2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
No snow bunny
By bluemx5 on 03/07/02 15:59 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car, but have to give it up. Do not, DO NOT take your Miata out in the snow! Slides on straight-aways, even with concrete blocks in the trunck! If this will be your only car and you live North of the Mason-Dixon, buy something else. I'll miss it in the summer.

Life after 50, it doesn't get any better
By Edge on 03/03/02 18:05 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Last July, after my 1st Miata, (a '94 classic red model) was "totalled" I purchased a Crystal Blue LS number. I have been plesantly surprised by the improvements and feature upgrades over the years. This is my second Miata and definitely not my last, how can you go wrong for under $25K? Living in MA, its striclty a summer car. Forget trying to drive it in snow and if possible, avoid the highway (too many Rs @80MPH).

Fun Car!
By J Wilson on 02/26/02 11:55 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Special Edition 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wow! This car is great. This is the first Miata that I've owned so the experience is new for this brand. I have owned several other rag-tops, but none as fun as the Miata. It is a blast to just let the top down and drive anywhere. Took it on a long trip (800 miles each way) to Key West. No problem on the highway. Cruised just fine.

Dreams Come True!
By jmalave on 02/06/02 13:00 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible LS 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the first Miata in 1990. I was a senior in high school at the time and could not afford to buy it. Well 11 years later, i finally did it. I have a 2001 sunlight silver LS model with the six speed transmission. what a great car. I love it. never think you cannot fit in it(I am five foot eleven and weigh 250 pounds) and yes a golf bag with clubs fits in the trunk.