2001 Miata SE
By icecreaman on
2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
A wonderful car that continues to bring a smile to my face, and encourages the development of good driving skills. Plenty of power for normal driving, a responsive and fun ride at highway speeds. (Under 40 mph, in town, nothing to brag about.) Stylish exterior, well designed and thought out interior, and high quality, both cosmetically and mechanically make this car a winner. The trunk holds more than its appearance conveys, and so if you can accept this car for what it is (2 seater, firm ride, limited cargo room, I believe that you will be quite pleased, and experience the same pride of ownership that I have.
Favorite Features
Favorites include wooden steering wheel, shift knob,& parking brake lever. Bose stereo system, convertable top,sporty suspension, anatomic seats, & user friendly cabin controls.
Suggested Improvements
Mazda has gotton this car 98% right. Here's what they should do to perfect it. Add lights in: glove box, under hood,& trunk w/switch linked to opening (not headlights). And, if they ever make a model w/a small rear bench seat, (a la fiat spider)-I'll trade-in mine & buy the new model!