2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Miata Equals Fun

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Base Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Miata Equals Fun
By KAG Miata on

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Miatas are pure driving enjoyment. Simple and lightweight they thrive on winding roads. My 2000 has 32000 miles on it and has been rock solid reliable. The body is rigid, with only mild cowl shake. Interior space is OK if you're under 6 feet. A tilt wheel would be nice, but otherwise, the dash layout is clean and easy to read. The manual tranny is easy to shift with short throws. One of the nicest benefits of a Miata is that you don't need to spend a fortune to have fun. I'm sorry I waited so long to get one.

Favorite Features

The folding top is a model of simplicity and is easy to use. The manual gearbox offers short, crisp throws. I can't imagine this car with an automatic. The chassis is solid and this car just eats up corners. Love the exterior styling with it's clean flowing lines and wide stance.

Suggested Improvements

More power would be nice, but the base 4cylinder is still fun. More powerful headlights and fog lights would be a big plus.