2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
My 3rd Miata
By Rick on 01/24/10 15:02 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I live in south Florida and this is my 3rd Miata. I very rarely drive with the top up. I have been known to drop the top to drive to Publix a half mile away. I had a '93 and then a '95 which I sold with 190,000 miles on it. Bought my 2000 with 36,000 (almost brand new!). This car is much better than the type 1 cars. The trunk has finally been designed to hold something and I do not miss the barn door headlights. In my old cars the trunk would hold my Les Paul case but not an SG case. The new trunk is redesigned to easily hold a larger guitar case. Some people laugh at a musician owning a Miata but I can pack 2 electric guitars, 1 acoustic guitar, my amp, keyboard, tenor sax and misc. stuff.

Miata Equals Fun
By KAG Miata on 05/16/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Miatas are pure driving enjoyment. Simple and lightweight they thrive on winding roads. My 2000 has 32000 miles on it and has been rock solid reliable. The body is rigid, with only mild cowl shake. Interior space is OK if you're under 6 feet. A tilt wheel would be nice, but otherwise, the dash layout is clean and easy to read. The manual tranny is easy to shift with short throws. One of the nicest benefits of a Miata is that you don't need to spend a fortune to have fun. I'm sorry I waited so long to get one.

Amazing Sports Car Value
By KAG MIATA on 03/28/09 12:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

It took years of saving, but the Miata was worth the wait. A pure, simple sports car, the Miata loves to be tossed around, and loves to rev. My car has 32000 miles on it and is as tight as a drum. The manual transmission is a joy to shift with it's tight, short throws. Aerodynamics are quite good as you can drive with the top down on chilly days while the heater keeps the cabin warm. As an added bonus, there are loads of support sites, clubs, and accessories available to the Miata owner. If you've been thinking of a Miata stop thinking and start driving.

Fun on a shoestring budget
By rangermutt on 03/05/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

My wife has wanted a convertible for years so I wait until we moved from California to Iowa to get her one. Go figure. Actually, I drive it as a daily driver and except for a couple of big snowstorms it has served me well. My wife does get to drive it occasionally and we cannot wait for warm weather. My 16 year old daughter wants to learn how to drive a manual tranny so there will be some bonding (and praying) going on. Most fun car I have ever owned bar none! I have already gotten sideways on some corners.

Lovin' it!
By Miata Fan on 08/15/06 07:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Wonderful little car. When you get this car, you're not just getting a vehicle to get from point A to B. You're getting a lifestyle. You're getting other friends (Miata fanatics) on the road. You're getting looks from girls. You're getting an "in" to a worldwide base of Miata enthusiasts. You're getting exhilaration on your morning commute (I can't tell you how many coworkers complain about the drive to work...but never me!). Mazda has the right to put "pure fun" in the official list of features.

Miata
By Miata on 03/19/06 15:31 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

One of the finest driving cars I have owned. The only better driving experience I've had was owning a Lotus Europa. However, the maintenance between the two is worlds apart. I have had virtually no maintenance other than tune ups and tires. As far as handling is concerned, I have a hard time breaking the tires loose in the turns. It can be done, but not easily. This car handles like a slot car. Well built, and takes what you can throw at it!

Get one!
By WB in Va on 06/08/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Great car! Surprisingly powerful engine really takes off. I had an '77 MGB & it's fun to recall that ride, but nicer to have A/C, rear glass window & mechancial reliability. I drove it compared to Honda S2000 & BMW Z3, thinking Miata wouldn't compare & would toss it out. It won hands down. Maintenance = none. Had to buy new tires since I burned the stock ones off!

red vet
By k9kuz on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Initially ride and handling were quite bad: so 1.reduced tire pressure to 26, 2. added rear sub-frame brace, 3. added front sub-frame brace, 4. got racing wheel alignment. It is now perfect. This is my second, I'm waiting for the turbo's to come out.

Mazda Miata
By redzoom on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This has been a great buy.Cheap on gas.Handles well.No problems at all in the time ,I have owned it.

True Roadster
By bnation on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Wife and I both love this car. We take it out for rides just to enjoy it. Haven't done that since I first started driving. Handles like a dream on the mountain roads and doesn't feel like your killing it on the interstate.