1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: Second time around

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

Second time around
By mike9691 on

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

We bought our first Miata new in 2002. Can't add anymore than everyone else has about how fun and reliable it was. Had to get another car soon after because it was impractical for our needs at the time. Ten years later, I found this 1999 with 140kmiles for a very good price and practicality be d****d. It still runs like a new one and is just as much fun. I'd like to disagree with everyone that says it's not a good choice for a 6 foot person. I'm 6'1" and have plenty of room with the top down, which is the main reason for owning one. It is a little tight for headroom with the top up, but that shouldn't keep a taller person from checking one out.

The sheer joy of driving it!

I believe that Mazda has hit a home run with the Miata. It's been around for 20 years, is stone reliable, and there are a ton of aftermarket performance parts available if you want it to go faster. I'm happy with the way it is.