Problem Free & Blast to Drive
By Ktoes on
1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible
Purchased this car used in 2001 as an anniversary present. My wife & I have never had as much fun driving before this. Engine is tight and cornering is a joy. Short-throw shifter is the best. Most important, I just change oil and go(Synthetic every 7500). Never had a mechanical problem in 2 yrs (70K miles). I am continuely impressed with the body design--a work of art. Be careful not to become a dangerous driver in city traffic due to its acceleration & quick manuevering. Not a bad weather car or for drivers over 6' tall.
Favorite Features
Easy convertible top to put up & down. Smileable acceleration & cornering. Every day I admired the body design. Glass rear window w/defogger. Easy to wash. Lots of aftermarket accessories. Darn good clean fun to drive!
Suggested Improvements
Difficult to get in & out of for middle-aged geezers like me. Trunk keylock too low-scratch bumper. Ignition key too hard to find in dark. Needs to come standard w/rollbar. Trunk needs gas-strut to hold up. All of these minor things have aftermarket fixes. Oil filter hard to change.