1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews 6

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
The Best Roadster for your money
By supermiataman on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

The Miata is the best car I've owned, it is extremely reliable, fun to drive, and everything works, this is more than could be said for my other cars. The only complaint I have is with the seats, they aren't very comfortable on long trips. but in 2001 this is fixed, and wow, what a difference. but great little car. You need one. remember the red ones are faster (automatic 20hp)

nice car
By sgreen on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

for the money you can't beat it

Handling is the key
By Flip on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Direct steering...being one with the road, responsive, wind in your hair driving experience..that's my Miata. Many opportunities to customize available in the aftermarket to make it truly your Miata..whether more performance, enhanced appearance/comfort items you name it, it's available for this car. Car is an excellent autocrosser and loves the track as well! If you use soft luggage, storage is adequate for weekend trips... If you use dedicated snow tires, its' a 4-season vehicle (even here in Iowa) except on those days NOBODY should be on the roads...buy it, you'll love it.

My Car
By Hanna on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 10th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

Hello.... We got this littel beutiful car for just a while a go, but I have to say that this is truly a fun car to drive, I guess a lot of people say that this is a toy car, but I have to say that this is wrong, my baby suprises me when it comes to the handeling, balance, the easy shift. One word for this car WOW!!..I like it..

Never had such a Great Time
By ottoma4 on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I choose this car over Audi TT, Z3, and MR2. Love the handling, design, size, and interior more than any other car. What a dream to drive. I have never had more fun driving. I love my car and would recommend over any of the above car. Far more superior. Having the time of my life.

class by itself
By steven7753 on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I leased this car in 98 and bought it when the lease is done...I hve 44000 miles on it..it is fun as heck to drive...cramped in cockpit...good on gas...not enough power though...needs about 40 more horsepower ...however you can really throw it into curves and it is very balanced....I was thinking about trading it in...but I think I'd miss it too much...it would cost me more than twice as much to buy anything as much fun...oh, and very reliable although I did have a leaking rear seal fixed in wrranty

Too much fun to give up
By GlfrDoc on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I have been trying to force myself to think about retiring my miata to pick up a more practical BMW 530i. Heck, I only use this car from April-October. But, those are some fun months with the Miata. It is quick, nimble and fun to drive. You can't drive anywhere without someone yelling out "Nice car." Even on a cool day, you can still take down the top and crank the heat to enjoy the experience.