1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
My Miata
By Macys on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I love to drive it. My Miata has made the 60 mile drive to and from work on curvy, hilly, country roads the most enjoyable and relaxing part of my day for the past five years. I plan to purchase a new Miata later this year.

Seriously good car
By MrCowGod on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Awesome. That's all I can say. Lots-o-low end torque to make a performance car drivable in the city. Loads of fun, to say the least, in quick turning mountain roads and the short shift is a beautiful thing.

I love driving again
By rob7 on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I honestly look forward to the most routine errands or just any excuse to drive my Miata. The style and look of this gem turns heads everywhere I go. I love my Miata.

99 Silver Bullet
By vpilot on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Amazing fun and performance for a stock vehicle with a low price. It offers more than I expected.

Amazing handling
By markimi on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

My wife's is red. Real eye turner with chrome wheels. Car could be more powerful as really lacks torque but has amazing corning capabilities especially with the 16 inch Yokohama Parada Spec-2's I put on last year. The 99' needed a functional drink holder. Pops in and out of traffic with ease and stops on a dime. Braking requires that you are acutely aware of what is behind you at all times. If this thing were hit from behind by a SUV - good luck. We have had no problems with the car thus far.

Looking for a roadster experience?
By R. K. Parker on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 10th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

The Mazda Miata is the best-looking, most fun-to-drive car for less than $25,000... Plain and simple. While not producing loads of low-end torque or high horsepower, Mazda has put together a total driving experience that rivals that of its much higher-priced, German counterparts. The wonderful steering feel and crisp transmission contribute greatly to the astounding overall handling characteristics of this car. A bit cramped with the top up, but once it is lowered, all is forgiven! If you are looking for a reliable, unique (10th anniv edition - I love mine!) and fun-to-drive car, look no further.

Best car I've owned so far.
By nando on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

This is the most amazing car I've ever owned. It is fun to drive, looks great, and is just the right size. I'll be the first to admit that they could have made the car slightly longer and given us a little more leg room and a slightly bigger trunk. However, aside from minor things, this car is just about perfect. I think the car is powerful enough to deliver great performance. It is a little engine, debatably under-powered, but it does pack a great punch. Unfortunately you have to rev the engine pretty high to get that power.

Great, if impractical car.
By meeata on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I'm from Michigan and the Miata was an impulse buy for me. But I can live with all the impracticalities because it is so fun and involving to drive. With winter tires it fares decently in snowy conditions too. There are many faster cars out there, but the point of the Miata is the handling and feel. Friends always compliment on how classy and sleek the car looks.

what a fun car!
By Is on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

This car is my first new car and I've not for one minute regretted the purchase. It's a very good balance of speed, comfort, looks, price, and fun. I've even had it on a 2000+ mile trip, which included driving in rain and snow. It handles like a dream and doesn't overwhelm with muscle. It's been very reliable and comfortable.

'99 MX-5, CONV,LTHR
By Mole on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Its obvious-fun car to drive. Needs more ummph off the line. High RPMs while fwy driving (4k@73mph) 6th gear should be OD. Economical (30mpg). Great build quality. Image?-everyone has an opinion when you buy this car ("mid-life crisis?" or gender specific pre-concieved notions as to ownership...could be regional?). Tight handling. Minimal trunk space. Useless cupholders. Roll bar should be option. Short throw shifter is A+. Overall great car. No regrets - Buy this car.