1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews 4

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
fun to drive it
By wtrhw on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

great to have fun in and a good car to drive

Satisfied Long-term Owner
By 99 Miata owner on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Purchased new in 1999, I have had this Miata for 5 years. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Great fun to drive with the top down. I have replaced the battery twice, and there was a minor problem with the Bose speakers in the first year (replaced under warranty), but absolutely no other problems. If you fit into this small car, you will LOVE it, even long term.

Problem Free & Blast to Drive
By Ktoes on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Purchased this car used in 2001 as an anniversary present. My wife & I have never had as much fun driving before this. Engine is tight and cornering is a joy. Short-throw shifter is the best. Most important, I just change oil and go(Synthetic every 7500). Never had a mechanical problem in 2 yrs (70K miles). I am continuely impressed with the body design--a work of art. Be careful not to become a dangerous driver in city traffic due to its acceleration & quick manuevering. Not a bad weather car or for drivers over 6' tall.

Great Car
By ITO on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Great car to drive. A little slow out the gate but otherwise quick. Tight, responsive steering is a joy to drive. With the top down I was suprised people still had to ask what kind of car was I driving. Design is still fresh after all these years. Would deffinately purchase another.

Great Car. I'll buy another!
By AlanY on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 10th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

No problems with the car at all! Handles tight, and gets lots of great comments.

WooHoo!
By LaiLani88 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

They call it the Miata Grin. You can't help but smile while behind the wheel of this car! The control the Miata gives you is amazing. The drop top is simple to put up and down. Stock audio system blares loud enough to be heard on the fast LA freeways and the cd player hardly ever skips. This is NOT a car for the big & tall. I've had passengers who are over 6ft tall & they were not comfy. It fits me just fine at 5'6". The Miata looks fast, but isn't capable of winning races against most Mustangs or Firebirds. Ok, so I tried it. Parking is a breeze- it can fit in spaces other cars can only dream about! And the cup-holder? I'd like to say, what cup-holder?

Return to Fun
By Joe B on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Among others, I have owned and driven a Sprite, Healy 3000, MGCGT (MGB with Healy engine), '79 Supra, 88 Supra, (which cornered like it was glued to the ground). None surpassed the fun of the Mazda. Only my Healy was as enjoyable. This car is a true sports car in every sense. I drive it daily, and even at 59 I still enjoy the thrill. Top up or down, the drive is a joy. Top down in the evenings is my favorite here in Austin TX. If you gotta drive, might as well enjoy it.

1999 Red Miata
By Vizsla on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

This is the best built, tightest car I have owned. I am very glad I went with the Gen II ('99 and later) Miata for the more horsepower and better lines/style. It has been extremely reliable just like the reviews said. It is fun to drive. Used to own a Gen II RX7. This car may not be as fast, but is better built, handles better, and drives like a classic sports car.

zoom zoom
By Guzmania on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 10th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

What a great car to own and drive. I have never owned a car that has received more comments than the 10th anniversary Miata. It is so much fun to drive even on long trips. Might be cramped for anyone taller than 5'11", though. Great road trip car. Handles nicely and is rally fun to drive. Have not had one ounce of trouble with the car! Very reliable.

1999 Miata
By hondahabit on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

This car is a blast to drive. It is quick and very stable - the car can't be upset. The top is rarely up on my car. Very reliable. Only complaints are a check engine light that refuses to go off and a couple of occasions when the oil cap has blown off (what a mess!). The car is a great conversation starter and often causes people to think that I'm wealthy!