1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Love my Miata
By W on 04/29/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Have driven this car daily for almost 7 years. Only repairs ever needed were the tires and the battery, until just 6 months ago, when the brake pads were replaced. The car still drives like it did when it was new. This is the best engineered, and most reliable car I have ever owned. I just had it repainted, because I plan to keep it for many more years.

I LOVE my Miata even after ...
By njrthompson on 03/18/06 07:07 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 10th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

All these years. My husband brought the 10th anniversary Miata home. I fell in love immediately. I still get a thrill driving it. I have never needed any maintenance other than tires and oil changes. I will keep this car forever.

I love this little car!
By de on 01/31/06 12:05 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

My next car will have to be a 4-seater, so I don't want my Miata to ever wear out! I'm tall at 6'-1", but I like this car and don't feel cramped inside. I don't drive long distances, though. The gearing tends to make for high engine revs when you're on the interstate - by my experience, in excess of 3700 rpm's at 65. Fit and finish is as good as you have come to expect in a Japanese car. Engine compartment is well laid out, making routine service easy. It won't win many stop light drag races, but over all a very high-quality product and a pleasure to drive.

No Problems Ever
By pinhigh1 on 12/28/05 18:31 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 10th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

I purchased my 99 Miata used with about 21,000 miles 4.5 years ago. I have had no mechanical problems and am just now replacing the original soft top. It is a blast to drive even though it has just 4 cylinders. It is a best buy in my book! (Just make sure your golf bag fits in the trunk first).

Miata 1999
By Frank on 06/30/05 01:30 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

This is a great car that is fun to drive. Better body style than the new 2006 coming out

Sad to see her go
By Ryan on 06/29/05 23:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 10th Anniversary 2dr Convertible

Never before had I had an emotional attachment to a vehicle. The Miata is not particularly fast, but fast enough with power to spare in 6th gear at 80mph, tops out (rev limited) somewhere beyond that. Power curve on the engine starts pulling at about 3000 rpm and doesnt stop til well over 6000 - engineers call it "jerk" (dA/dT for the nerds), such that you feel it pushing you into the seat in every gear. Mazda put VVT for wider torque the 2000+ cars, and IMHO, messed up the jerk curve. In 5 years of pushing the traction limits, I had only one mechanical problem; an electronic switch in the transmission was fixed under warranty. Traded the car in for a 4WD, I miss driving the Miata.

awsome car all around!!!
By madmiatablue on 03/29/05 21:27 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

This is just one amazing car!! stock it is totally drivable without any complaints but throw on the jackson racing supercharger, lightweight flighwheel, 16" rims with some moderate chassy stiffeners, roll bar, and the 6 speed from the 10th ann. ed. (plus some other little nik nacs) and you have one sweet ride, no firebird in the land will give you much challenge! and it is still very streetable!! i have two and the one i told you about is the onee i drive, the other is race only in scca miata spec showroom stock B. i recomend these to anyone under 6'2"

Bulletproof Fun!
By MichaelJ3D on 03/07/05 01:25 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car for the fun factor and it has delivered! I have owned several sports cars in the past and this one is by far the most fun (and reliable). I bought the car with high miles after talking to my local Mazda dealership and they told me mileage is not a issue and they were right. I've had it for a year now with no problems. I drive it daily and grow to love it more each day. This car doesn't disappoint!

fun to drive
By all smiles on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

What a great car. No trouble since I bought it. I love this car so much I can't bring myself to trade it in on a more practical vehicle. It is the only car we own.

mazda miata
By Lutz pescht on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I love the mazda miata it is so fun to drive talk about a great sports car.