1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - The little red engine that

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

The little red engine that could
By imanah on

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

it is my primary car and has been very good to me. Things I have learned; 1. Having it as a primary car in the Northeast is not so safe or practical. I reccomend having an alternative in the winter due to its low weight. 2. A Nice audio system and a plastic window is an invitation to have your car broken into with anything from a razor to a houshold knife. 3. People think you are rich if you have a miata, as if it was a porch :)

Favorite Features

1. Eye catching. 2. Excellent for summer nights with the top down, crusing on the expressway. 3. Reliable of course. 4. Two seats means I wont be driving 5. I can just unzip the back window if I want the feeling of a convertable without the lack of privacy.

Suggested Improvements

For the 97 model you get what you get. I think if mazda put tiny speakers in the seats that would of been cool. Definatly a plastic window is not the strong point of the vehicle. Also being low to the ground, makes the miata suseptable to lower body damage.