1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: The most fun you'll have with

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

The most fun you'll have with your pants on!
By beatnikbettie on

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I bought my 96 Miata two years ago. In good running condition with I’m assuming 120K. Since then she has been across state lines, driven 103 MPH down deserted highways, been my daily driver and is the closest to heaven I’ve ever been I am not good at maintaining my cars, I forget until something goes wrong. She’s had an oil link since I bought her and once in a while she ends up bone dry and ticky but as soon as I add oil she’s right as rain. The speedo cable squeals..not a big deal. all in all she still runs like a powerhorse roadster should, has saved my life with epic handling. I'll never own anything but a Miata. ever.

reliability, styling, longevity with low maintenance, fast and amazing handling.

cup holder behind the stick shift is pretty stupid but Ive adapted quickly, what is up with those back plastic windows? better shocks, the oil gauge is completely useless and the seats could be a tad more comfy. i have a base model, I bet the fancier models are amazing.