1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Most fun car I've ever owned
By TheMadTurtle on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in Southern Florida and it made the perfect Florida car! Now I live in the midwest and have to store her in the Winter. There is precious little I look more forward to than pulling this car out of storage each Spring. Okay, maybe pulling my '58 Thunderbird out.... This car reminds me of all the MGB's my dad used to drive when I was a kid. I only have 55K miles on it and the only problem I've ever had is that I had to replace the clutch slave cylinder. Big deal - it was a 20 minute job. Can't recommend these cars enough!

Texas Review
By Sheryl Remick on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car is the most fun you'll ever have!

Get one
By jdow on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

The Miata 1996 vintage is a wonderful car overall and amazingly reliable. Such dependability is probably due to the car's inherent simplicity. It is a fine example of balance. The power, weight, size, handling ability, all work together as a unit. Beefs about trunk size are unfounded. The wife and I have driven from Nashville to Toronto as well as various other trips to Ohio and Florida with no problems. Don't waste your time with "exotic" Eurojunk. Get a Miata.

I love it...
By tli on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I wish they still made 'em exactly this way. It's a blast to drive and blows anything else in its range completely out of the water.

Teacher'sCreamPuff --96 BlueMiata
By c bone on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Other teachers jealous when I put the top down in the parking lot after school and drive 3 miles home. Students can't believe their old teacher drives this sweet car. Amazingly, a whole week's groceries or golf clubs(if I played golf) fit in the trunk. Super fun to drive! Even featured in a homecoming parade! Leather interior adds to appeal. Need larger car to accomodate ill husband.Regular maintenance- 5 speed shifts smoothly.

What a great toy
By mamacita99 on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

We got my wife's "dream car" with only 9000 miles on it. One block into the test drive told us this car is a blast to drive. It just scoots. The handling is unbelievable for a car that is not expensive. She drives it to work with a smile that has not left her face in four years. We relish summer here in the Northwest and this car just makes it all the more pleasurable.

Great car
By viyer on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

The Miata is as close to a perfect car as I can find. Impeccable handling combined with great reliability cannot be matched. The car just begs to be driven at or past the limit of traction. Depending on your point of view, it is large enough to work as an only car.

The best car we have ever had!
By Sean Wolfington on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

The car is a blast! It drives great, the mileage is remarkable and it never has had any problems. Above all it is a blast to drive with the top up and down. But i must say that nothing beats driving around on a sunny day with the top down and the headspeakers playing your favorite music. We love it!

Top Banana!
By robthelimey on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is my second Miata - the first was a new 96, this one I got, loaded, with 58.5K on the clock for just shy of $9k. Have had the belts replaced - all other 60K servicing was done by the dealer I bought it from before they delivered. A really engaging driving experience, near-perfect handling, great gas mileage, thoroughly dependable. Never fails to bring a smile to my face top up or down, rain or shine.

Underrated
By iron_city_ap on 03/09/02 07:32 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car is very underrated. I never really understood it, untill I took mine for a test drive. It just goes. It's not the fastest, not the sleekest, not the most expensive, not the most exotic but none of that matters in this little bad boy. It's alot like driving a big go-kart, only more fun.