1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
The best sports car ever made!
By Cara Mia on 10/16/06 06:49 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I have owned a '96 Miata M-Edition for 6 years. I LOVE THIS CAR! With 64,000 miles it has never had a single mechanical issue. It gets great mileage, about 30 MPG average. It is amazingly quick with responsive handling and is absolute FUN! I have driven MGs, Triumphs, and even BMW Z-3s, and this car out drives them all. I also think the $$$ value rating is way too low - but then that may be why they are so popular... you get a car that is worth way more then you pay for it.

More Fun Than My 500SL
By RichTampa on 05/21/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I like convertibles. Take that back, I LOVE convertibles. My last two where a Caddy Allante and a Mercedes 500 SL, respectively. They were both big, gas guzzling V8 powered "sports cars"... neither one could come close to the providing the day-to-day fun of my new Mazda Miata. I did my research. These cars are bullet-proof; something my high-line roadsters lacked. I am 6'5" and fit fine inside the car, a tad cramped on longer runs, but fine for under 100 mile trips. Bottom line ... if you are looking for a reliable, safe (dual air bags & aftermarket roll bars), economical and is a blast to drive and be seen in, your search is over. I bought mine 70+k in great shape for under $5k. I LOVE IT.

Best MG I ever had
By GrandadsFun on 10/24/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Okay, It's not an MG - it's so much better but has all the things that made the MGB now sitting in the back yard attractive years ago but with added comfort, performance and reliability. Best sports car I ever owned, and there have been many.

Fun Little Car
By Eric H on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I sold my Cobra replica last year and was looking to get a little two seat roadster for commuting instead of just cruzing. I needed a cheap two seat roadster that got good mileage and was reliable. My search brought me to the miata which was not an enthusiastic choice at first. Upon purchasing this car I have found it to be the best of all worlds in that it is very affordable, peppy and killer in the curves, very reliable, and maintains about 30mpg. It is a fun car that I can drive all the time! instead of parking next to it during the week and hopeing that I can drive it this weekend if the weather is good.

Hidden gem
By Michael Cleveland on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car from my in-laws who were having a baby and ditched the car for a station wagon. I never imagined myself owning a Miata. After one week of test driving, it had me hooked and I bought it enthusiastically. You can't find a comparable car in this price range. It has plenty of pick-up and hugs the curves like it's on rails. Haven't regretted my decision for a second.

Miata M
By mhitesman on 02/26/02 09:47 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used but have owned it for nearly three years. Oil changes, radiator flush, and a new battery. What a reliable, fun, and economical car to drive. The M series, with its larger tires and ABS, is a reasonable choice for winter driving as well in most parts of the country.