Nothing like a go-kart on steroids
By Themisfitjoe on
1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible
My baby, my first car. And what more can I say that hasn't been said. If you're a young male owner many people will criticize you for maintaining possession of the car, but do not heed their words. Most stock cars don't corner like a Miata, and with such little weight the car is very nimble. I've had this car for just over 3 years now, and it won't be my last, but I do plan on keeping my baby for awhile, because it's so much fun to drive, especially in sunny Florida. And though the RX-7 and others are better at it, drifting in this car is still lots of fun, at sponsored Drift Days. One downside is that it is a pain to work on, and at least mine breaks down often, but it is 13+ y.o
Favorite Features
I <3 the manual transmission. It's naturally a short shifter, and its just a good feeling. It grips, and you can tell when it does. I personally hate the newer clutches that you can't feel when the transmission engages.
Suggested Improvements
Best improvement for this model year is a new set of wheels and suspension. It is hard to find the R14 185/60s sometimes. Another good addition to the car is a nice roll bar. Every Miata owner at some part of his ownership should go to a sponsored track and enjoy the full potential of the Miata.