Old dog still hunts!
By M2 on
1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible
The Miata and I became acquainted in the early spring last year. I immediately fell in love. There have not been any mechanical breakdowns on this high mileage machine (198,000 so far). I have added a few inexpensive handling improvements (lowered shocks/springs, strut bar, sway bars front and rear, and new performance tires). These have brought the car alive! There have been a few more reconditioning items that I have added to make the ride more enjoyable but this car although not fast handles the mountains around here like nothing else! Lots of fun to be had while still doing less than jail worthy speeds. I love the old Miata.
Favorite Features
My favorite thing...? Everything, from the handling to the whole open top driving experience. This is a fun car that can be lived with. I have made many a Wal-Mart trip with it.
Suggested Improvements
To make my car better for me I have done the following, 1" lowering shocks and springs Front strut tower brace Front and rear sway bars K&N cold air intake Short shift kit with new bushings double hoop roll (style) bar Drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. This cost about $700 and worth it!