1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: Excellent car, no regrets.

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Excellent car, no regrets.
By Cas on

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I've got a 95 M-edition in Merlot, purchased for a song about four months ago. Beautiful car, a joy to drive. It's flashy, zippy, handles tight and clean, and holds a lot more than it looks. It never fails to get attention and admiration. It feels utterly safe to drive, with that edge of excitement that comes with owning such a fast, sexy little machine. With only one exception, something inexpensive to fix, it has never let me down. This is my primary mode of transportation--I will never go back to more "sensible" vehicles. There isn't much I'd change about this car, and I have no regrets whatsoever about buying it.

Forgiving shift. Fast and powerful for its size. Excellent visibility. Handles curves like a slotcar. Lots of roadfeel without lots of roadbumps! Comfortable to drive; lots of room for even taller people.

Drains batteries fast. Plugwires have already had to be replaced once (at 21k miles). Cupholder, when occupied, makes shifting awkward. Goofy location for trunk/ gas release levers. I want more horsepower and torque.