1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Old dog still hunts!
By M2 on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

The Miata and I became acquainted in the early spring last year. I immediately fell in love. There have not been any mechanical breakdowns on this high mileage machine (198,000 so far). I have added a few inexpensive handling improvements (lowered shocks/springs, strut bar, sway bars front and rear, and new performance tires). These have brought the car alive! There have been a few more reconditioning items that I have added to make the ride more enjoyable but this car although not fast handles the mountains around here like nothing else! Lots of fun to be had while still doing less than jail worthy speeds. I love the old Miata.

I Love my car!!!!!!!!!
By RDLundy on 02/10/10 13:20 PM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Her name is Whitney and she is beauty! I have loved her from the first time I saw her! She is fun to drive and just my size! For years my sisters (All drive large cars) have questioned my decision not to buy another cars. 1. Theres no need! Whitney provides everything I want in a car. 2. Gas is too damn high! I get 27 miles to the gallon! 3. When we all get together, my car is left at home. Only two seats so not good for carpools or designated driving! 4. NO CAR PAYMENT FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS! Need I say more?

Lotsa Miles
By Andy on 05/16/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Fun and reliable car. Averaged about 30mpg in combined city/highway driving. Regular gas. The interior is a bit cramped if you have long legs. The cigarette lighter may hit your knee. I have put about 130k miles on this car. It still has the original front suspension components, alternator and many other components. I only had problems (initially) with the clutch pump and head gasket. After their replacement - at about 100k miles - I've had no further problems with these items. Very reliable and fun car. Highly recommended. I just bought a 2001 model to replace this one. You'll love this car.

Nothing like a go-kart on steroids
By Themisfitjoe on 09/13/07 07:46 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

My baby, my first car. And what more can I say that hasn't been said. If you're a young male owner many people will criticize you for maintaining possession of the car, but do not heed their words. Most stock cars don't corner like a Miata, and with such little weight the car is very nimble. I've had this car for just over 3 years now, and it won't be my last, but I do plan on keeping my baby for awhile, because it's so much fun to drive, especially in sunny Florida. And though the RX-7 and others are better at it, drifting in this car is still lots of fun, at sponsored Drift Days. One downside is that it is a pain to work on, and at least mine breaks down often, but it is 13+ y.o

Simply Perfect
By Dr. Drift on 06/13/07 11:39 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I had a car similar to the Miata before I actually bought one and the difference is incredible. Nothing compares to this car! It's an incredible performer, it's very easy to work on in your own driveway, and its reliability is outstanding. I didn't know much about working on cars before I bought my Miata; but, soon after, I'm pretty handy and do a lot of maintenance and improvements myself. This car makes you want to learn about working on cars. The aftermarket support is great and provides pretty much every type of upgrade or accessory you could think of. I don't know if I'll ever own anything except Miatas. Well, when I have kids I might get a sedan, but the Miata will stay in the garage.

Love this car!
By Miata Lover on 04/30/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible M-Edition 2dr Convertible

This was my first Miata. It was a mid-life crisis car and it proved all I wanted it to be! Excellent performance and a fun car to drive. Mine with the auto only gets about 21/26 mpg. It isn't as frugal as I thought. The top is the original factory top and is still in good condition. I am impressed with the reliability. It is a solid car in every respect.

1995 Mazda Miata
By Jeff Andrade on 02/09/05 12:15 PM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used (former lease) in 1997, and have few complaints. It is has excellent performance and handling, is economical and very fun to drive. The interior is sporty yet spartan, and fairly well-laid out. The exterior is a true classic. I keep up with the nominal maintenance schedule and made a few upgrades in brake system and suspension. There is a huge aftermarket of products for the enthusiast. This is an inexpensive, dependable and fun ride.

Still the One
By steammerchant on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have owned my triple black base miata since it was a pup in 1995. It is still as exciting as ever. It sits next to my 1975 Datsun 280Z that I have owned since it was a pup, too. The handling of the Miata is incredible, it has done things I didn't know were possible. The Z car is for power - the Miata is for fun... Normal maintenance is all I have ever done and it's easy enough that I do most of it myself. Great car - glad I made my decision back in '95 - like I said earlier "my Miata is still the one"

Excellent car, no regrets.
By Cas on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I've got a 95 M-edition in Merlot, purchased for a song about four months ago. Beautiful car, a joy to drive. It's flashy, zippy, handles tight and clean, and holds a lot more than it looks. It never fails to get attention and admiration. It feels utterly safe to drive, with that edge of excitement that comes with owning such a fast, sexy little machine. With only one exception, something inexpensive to fix, it has never let me down. This is my primary mode of transportation--I will never go back to more "sensible" vehicles. There isn't much I'd change about this car, and I have no regrets whatsoever about buying it.

Miata's rock
By miata fan on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love my miata. I just recently bought my first car which was a miata so of course I loved it right away but I didn't realize how much fun it was till it got warm enough to put the top down. This is an awesome little car, everyone should have a chance to drive one.