1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Love this car!
By Miata Lover

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

This was my first Miata. It was a mid-life crisis car and it proved all I wanted it to be! Excellent performance and a fun car to drive. Mine with the auto only gets about 21/26 mpg. It isn't as frugal as I thought. The top is the original factory top and is still in good condition. I am impressed with the reliability. It is a solid car in every respect.

Favorite Features

I love the cool pop-up headlights but understand why the stopped making them. It is hard to see past them at night.

Suggested Improvements

Wouldn't it be cool to see a v6 miata? I bet it would hum.

Excellent car, no regrets.
By Cas

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I've got a 95 M-edition in Merlot, purchased for a song about four months ago. Beautiful car, a joy to drive. It's flashy, zippy, handles tight and clean, and holds a lot more than it looks. It never fails to get attention and admiration. It feels utterly safe to drive, with that edge of excitement that comes with owning such a fast, sexy little machine. With only one exception, something inexpensive to fix, it has never let me down. This is my primary mode of transportation--I will never go back to more "sensible" vehicles. There isn't much I'd change about this car, and I have no regrets whatsoever about buying it.

Favorite Features

Forgiving shift. Fast and powerful for its size. Excellent visibility. Handles curves like a slotcar. Lots of roadfeel without lots of roadbumps! Comfortable to drive; lots of room for even taller people.

Suggested Improvements

Drains batteries fast. Plugwires have already had to be replaced once (at 21k miles). Cupholder, when occupied, makes shifting awkward. Goofy location for trunk/ gas release levers. I want more horsepower and torque.

My 50th Birthday Gift
By Shaboom1965

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Gave myself a new '95 M-Edition for 50th birthday. Best decision I ever made. Garage it in the winter. Love it each spring and summer. Totally trouble free,low maintainence expense----the joy of my life. Glad I chose it over the BMW Z3 that had just come out.

Favorite Features

Beautiful design---used each summer in parades and always gets admiring glances---and absolute mechanical reliability. Mere oil changes through 6 years is all I've needed.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power---but that can be added by affordable after market mods.

Great car!!!!
By Technowitch

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

One of the greatest things about a Miata is, even if you have one that's less than perfect, people will often think you paid 2 to 3 times as much as you actually did. It's a great value car for the price -- handles wonderfully, looks spiffy, and can make driving fun again for even the most jaded driver.

Favorite Features

1. The handling. 2. The easy-drop convertable top (I once did it in 20 seconds at a traffic light stop!) 3. The sheer fun of this car.

Suggested Improvements

I honestly can't think of any. I love this little Miata of mine.

'95 Miata M
By k

1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Love this car! Bought it in '98 with 32K miles and have put another 50K on it myself. I have not had a single problem with this car, save an airbag recall last year. The only other maintanece has been new brakes and tires at 70K (should have had new tires earlier), a new battery last week (82K), and oil changes. It is a blast to drive - corners like nobody's business. The looks are great-timeless and classy. I drive it hard and still get 28 mpg.

Favorite Features

Handling. I know that isn't really a feature, but I enjoy driving this car as much today as I did when I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a few extra ponies - or, more acurately, some more torque. Once you get the revs up, its not too bad though. And lets face it who needs the extra points on their license?